What's new

I just started using shaving creams.

My first shaving cream was the lavender scent from the Art Of Shaving. What I can say about this product it produces a lot of lather it just didn't seam to help give me a close shave. My next purchase was the Taylor Of Old Bond St. the Lemon Lime Scent and I tried it for the first time last night it gave me the same type of shave that I got from a Green Mountain Soap I was using. You do have to work the lather a lot longer like the Green Mountain soap. I find that their shaving cream seems to require a lot more water. Has anyone else who has tried Taylor Of Old Bond Street experienced the same?

I have TOBS sandalwood, which was my first cream. It lathered like a professional. I have all the samples of TOBS, they all lather super easy, I just ordered and received a tub of TOBS avocado, which supposedly lathers the easiest!

All TOBS are quality. I cannot wait until my Ultimate Comfort comes in the mail from Truefitt & Hill :)

I can get a great lather from TOBS and they have some of my favorite scents, but I can't seem to get as great of a shave as I can with other options. The amount of water and work required to get a good lather seems to me to be pretty standard.

I guess it's like most things shaving YMMV, I got some TOBS Lemon LIME and it lathered very easy and the shave was great. I thought it lathered easy probably because I'm used to lathering soaps.

I guess it's like most things shaving YMMV, I got some TOBS Lemon LIME and it lathered very easy and the shave was great. I thought it lathered easy probably because I'm used to lathering soaps.

+1. I am using the TOBS Eton College and I find that it lathers extremely easy and that I don't use any more water than any other cream.

I love TOBS Creams. I have many of their scents. I love the Sandalwood. I don't find them to require a lot of water or any more water than other creams. I have very soft water and find them to lather quickly and very well.

TOBS Creams(all of the ones Ive tried) are some of the easiest to lather. The scents are all mostly great too. Favorites are Mr Taylor, Sandalwood & Almond.
Also require hardly any water in my experience. I face lather, and just soak my brush then wring it out. A couple swabs over the cream then face lather, no problems, enough for 3 passes and usually a little bit down the drain.

I have had problems with TOBS drying out too fast, I blamed my climate where I live and passed it off to my brother in San Fran. I never told him my issues. The following month he complained of the same issue of it drying out so he passed it off and that guy had the same issue. So zero for three out here.

Top Bottom