What's new

I just picked up this stuff as a starter kit.

this is a starter kit that i picked up today.

It is being sent out buy Friday.

I'm planing a cross country road trip, in my truck and RV.

this is the package that I got. I know I probably should have asked before hand, but has anybody got any info on this stuff?

1 - BLACK - Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS 1000D Body - BLACK
1 - Tamron AF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical D Special Edition for Canon SLR
1 - Tamron AF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 D E Macro built in 1.3 Special Edition for Canon SLR
1 - 58mm High Definition PRO Wide Angle Lens
1 - w/ Macro Lens attachment
1 - 58mm High Definition 2X Telephoto Lens up to 600mm
1 - 16 GB Secure Digital SDHC HIGH CAPACITY memory card
1 - 8 GB Secure Digital SDHC HIGH CAPACITY memory card
1 - Pioneer G3 Slingshot Backpack for Photo Gear - Black
1 - Deluxe Case for Digital SLR Camera
1 - Canon Digital Rebel XS and XSi Tutorial DVD
1 - Digital SLR cameras Auto Power Flash
1 - 58mm 3 pc Filter Kit High Definition: UV - Polarizer - FLD
1 - Remote Switch Cord for Canon T1i XSi and XS
1 - 62mm UV Digital Multi Coated Professional High Definition Filter
1 - Deluxe Large Photo Tripod
1 - Mini Travel Tripod
1 - Lens Cap Keeper
1 - USB 2.0 Secure Digital (SD) Card Reader
1 - LCD Screen Protectors
1 - Lens Cleaning Kit
1 - Memory Card Wallet
1 - Canon SLR Wide Strap - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Canon Battery Charger - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Canon LP-E5 Rechargeable Battery - Included in manufacturer box
1 - Canon TV/Video Cable - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Canon USB Cable - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Canon EOS Digital Solution CD - Included in Manufacturer Box
1 - Digital Rebel XS / XSi / T1i - Extended High Capacity Battery

When are you leaving? You have a lot of gear here as a starter kit.

I'd say you'll need a good two weeks plus of just using this stuff to understand it enough to where you can make photographs quickly with it. The lenses are pretty much junk, but they're good enough to start out with. Don't use the telephoto or macro or whatever lenses that attach to the front of your SLR lenses, unless you like for strange things to happen to your photographs.

I tend to recommend people that are buying a first SLR camera to buy the body only and a 50mm 1.8 lens instead of the kit lens. Generally the kit lenses are junk. The 50mm lens is among the cheapest you can get, but it's technical quality is the best around.

That said, you got a good camera. Learn it like the back of your hand before you go on your trip. Use it every day before you leave.

Where did you buy this stuff?

I bought it on Ebay. I'm actually leaving this weekend... LOL... I have been wanting a digital SLR for a long time, but just never got around to buying one. I'm no photographer but any means, but I do have a love for the art, a cannon A1, and a dark room back home. It's been about four years since i have snapped a shot. My camera broke, and I have been running around the country chasing over time.

I figured that i would get buy with the lenses for now, and pic up some cannon ones as I go.

The trip is total spur of the moment too. I kinda live my life like that. here one minute, off to parts unknown the next.

I'm thinking about heading North form Las vegas to up through Idaho, then east through montana, then down into South Dakota, then off to the east coast for a spell...... It's time for a much needed vacation.

Top Bottom