What's new

I Just Ordered A Timeless Titanium Razor!!! Crown Handle! .095 Blade!

In honor of Stahl Wahl Clipper Trekker’s recent investment of a Timeless Ti .95, and the difficulties in getting the perfect shave, I offer the following. I’m new here. I too had difficulties learning how to use DE razors, then modern razors vs. the old Gillettes I inherited. After months of reading here on hardware and software, after testing and then evaluating, I learned it wasn’t the wand, it was the Magician. I posted a less-than-stellar evaluation of a Blackland Blackbird several weeks ago. Now it’s one of my favorite razors. It wasn’t the razor that failed me, it was my technique. So S_W_C_T, in your honor, I pulled out my SS Timeless .95 and gave it a shave using my standby TOBS cream, a PolSilver blade (with five or six shaves on it), and my “Eastwood”, the brush-with-no-name.
A08B2F68-9F65-4D89-9BBF-939BC59ECDD0.jpeg

If you can find a baby’s bottom smoother than my face right now, I’ll send you a free Gillette Toggle. 😝

My point is, I believe you made a great decision on a great razor. Don’t give up after your first pass. If I had done that, I’d have blamed a couple of great razors on bad shaves before I realized I needed to adjust fire.

Just my two cents,

Best wishes and better shaves,

Curly

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I was feeling a little down after the shave guys, but I just needed some time to think it over. For the record, I did achieve barely a 100% BBS shave today. So thats just a testament to how awesome the razor is. And I think I can just tweak my XTG, nothing says I have to do XTG everywhere! My face can handle XTG, my neck can't. So I think I will do XTG on my face, but not my neck.

Here's another interesting fact, when I mapped my beard a couple months ago, I discovered that much of the hair on my neck, grows out diagonally. If I attack the whiskers diagonally, I think I seem to have a greater chance at getting them without nicking myself. So, not quite an XTG no, more like a DTG LOL! Whatever works am I right?

Also, my neck handles WTG and ATG just fine, never really had issues there. You know, its just too bad that these razors can't just cut that mole off, so it will be gone for good, wouldn't that be nice? LOL. I tell you what, nature didn't invent moles, with the intention of razors coming across them HAHA. But, when it comes to the reality of nature, I reject its reality, and substitute my own HEHE.

Monday will be the next shave, I will see where that takes me.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was feeling a little down after the shave guys, but I just needed some time to think it over. For the record, I did achieve barely a 100% BBS shave today. So thats just a testament to how awesome the razor is. And I think I can just tweak my XTG, nothing says I have to do XTG everywhere! My face can handle XTG, my neck can't. So I think I will do XTG on my face, but not my neck.

Here's another interesting fact, when I mapped my beard a couple months ago, I discovered that much of the hair on my neck, grows out diagonally. If I attack the whiskers diagonally, I think I seem to have a greater chance at getting them without nicking myself. So, not quite an XTG no, more like a DTG LOL! Whatever works am I right?

Also, my neck handles WTG and ATG just fine, never really had issues there. You know, its just too bad that these razors can't just cut that mole off, so it will be gone for good, wouldn't that be nice? LOL. I tell you what, nature didn't invent moles, with the intention of razors coming across them HAHA. But, when it comes to the reality of nature, I reject its reality, and substitute my own HEHE.

Monday will be the next shave, I will see where that takes me.
As you so often encourage others with these words: You'll get there. You will.

My dear Chris - @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker - you mega-enabling fellow shaver! I am so happy for you amd your most recent purchase. It is an amazing looking razor. Seen it numerous times in other posts, resisting the temptation only to learn that my rabbit-hole-star has found yet another way to entice me 😁.

All pun aside, amazing purchase Chris and I wish you lots of happy shaves with it.
As far as beard mapping goes, I have made an improved map myself and our pattern on the neck is similar. What I learned (also by reading from this fine forum) is that ATG, XTG and WTG is indeed dependent on your own growth! So that diagonal stroke you do (and I do too) is a WTG stroke for us. My XTG on my neck tend to be S-N (or N-S that does not make a difference) but with a slight slant in the angle I hold the razor to my face/neck.

I posted a picture in my shave journal (A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11755922). Maybe it can be of assistance to you while you are learning and enjoying that stunning new razor!

Enjoy my friend!

Cheers,

Guido

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

My dear Chris - @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker - you mega-enabling fellow shaver! I am so happy for you amd your most recent purchase. It is an amazing looking razor. Seen it numerous times in other posts, resisting the temptation only to learn that my rabbit-hole-star has found yet another way to entice me 😁.

All pun aside, amazing purchase Chris and I wish you lots of happy shaves with it.

As far as beard mapping goes, I have made an improved map myself and our pattern on the neck is similar. What I learned (also by reading from this fine forum) is that ATG, XTG and WTG is indeed dependent on your own growth! So that diagonal stroke you do (and I do too) is a WTG stroke for us. My XTG on my neck tend to be S-N (or N-S that does not make a difference) but with a slight slant in the angle I hold the razor to my face/neck.

I posted a picture in my shave journal (A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11755922). Maybe it can be of assistance to you while you are learning and enjoying that stunning new razor!

Enjoy my friend!

Cheers,

Guido

Oh my gosh, could it be, its Guido my buddy! HEHE 😁

Yes, it sounds like you and I are similar when it comes to our neck whisker growth. I guess its more common then I thought. I thought I was the weird one of the bunch. :letterk1:

Enabler is the title that I wear on my shirt. This way everybody knows, and nobody can be surprised if I walk them to the rabbit hole. 😝

Hey Guido, incase you missed my pro shots, please view page 3 of this thread. I got 20-pictures of deliciousness, that will make you fall in love. And trust me, after that, you will have to get a Timeless Titanium for sure! HEHE :thumbup:

Last edited:
Ok I just peeked (feels like Donkey from Shrek: “I am looking down!!” 😂). Man! That is marvellous. And the SWCT etching on top seals the deal!

I can imagine nothing but a grin from ear to ear when you lick this baby up for shaving.

(Wait a minute: are my ears deceiving me or is that a Rex in the background sobbing? 😶)

Excellent choice Chris! @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Guido

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Ok I just peeked (feels like Donkey from Shrek: “I am looking down!!” 😂). Man! That is marvellous. And the SWCT etching on top seals the deal!

I can imagine nothing but a grin from ear to ear when you lick this baby up for shaving.

(Wait a minute: are my ears deceiving me or is that a Rex in the background sobbing? 😶)

Excellent choice Chris! @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Guido

I just realized I messed up and told you page 3, when it was actually on page 2, looks like you found it though. The Rex Ambassador is hanging on the stand, its got a Bic blade in it. I realize something, once you get several razors, you can't remember how many uses you got on the blade no more lol. The Merkur Futur has a Gillette Nacet blade in it, and now I also got a Nacet in the TT.

Yep, there will be no question as to who's razor that TT is, not when its got the SWCT engraving on it hehe. And Donkey in Shrek was funny. Sure, takes a lick, tastes like titanium, takes another lick, hmm, pretty sure thats grade 5.

Enjoy my friend!

Cheers,

Guido
Same!

Oh, I feel your pain. I have a mole right in the center of my chin, just below my soul patch. Been nicked so many times most of the color is gone.

~doug~
Mine was somewhat left of center but same distance south of my mouth. After removal, there’s still a small bump that can get nicked when using certain razors/blades/heavy hand. Weird that a bunch of us have them.

@Phoenixkh - As mentioned, I took the remainder of pics quick and dirty, no fancy lighting, no re-directing flashes, just simple, point, and shoot, and be done with it. I earned the right to be lazy, after taking 20-pictures with a more professional setup.

Alright guys, I am bringing bad news and good news, its a mixed bag, but I have nobody to blame but myself. There is a reason why I stopped doing XTG passes back when I used the Feather AS-D2, its because they tear up my neck. The last several times I used my Merkur Futur, I started doing XTG passes again, with fairly good success, with lolled me into a false sense of security.

WTG passes started a bit on the rough side, but smoothed out as the new Gillette Nacet blade got wore in. The razor was able to remove the 4-day whisker bulk with much success, and I was happy to see that. I made the mistake and started doing XTG passes. While the XTG passes were successful on my face, they were not at all successful on my neck, nicked myself in two places at least!

ATG passes were going the smoothest still, and I felt that the Timeless Titanium razor, can do ATG passes better then all my other razors, so thats a major plus there! But, when your working with a brand new razor, you got to learn it. And while other people managed to have a perfect experience with their first time use of their TT razors, not so much for me.

At first I didn't nick my mole, it was gliding over it and cutting hairs, even on the ATG passes initially. But either I went over that spot too many times, or my angle suddenly changed, or maybe I was ever so slightly an increase of pressure, I really don't know what it was. All I know is, then I nicked it, and what was previously a barely noticeable mole, is now a very noticeable inflated red spot saying hello to the peoples.

Was I able to achieve a smooth shave in the end? The answer is yes! The Timeless Titanium razors are indeed living up to their hype, as being the smoothest razor I have ever used. But geez, its like I have to re-learn my technique all over again. All I know is, a bad experience to have on my first outing, with a new razor. It is what it is.

The razor has a nice weight to it, its not overly heavy, balance is good, easy to hold in the hand, the razor never slipped in my hand, I always had a good grip with it. Infact, if I ever get my technique nailed with this new razor, this razor feels like the kind that would allow me to start having faster shaves with it. The only bad thing about heavy weighted razors is, I find I got to go slow with them. But a lighter razor that you can just flick around like a feather, now thats a different story indeed.

So, I am hoping to get my experience dialed in with this razor, so I can become a bit of a more normal pace shaver. The razor is a 3-piece design, easy to take apart, easy to clean. After each shave, I always take apart a razor, remove the blade, clean the razor, set everything on a paper towel to dry. Once dry, I put it back together, and put it in its stand.

Do I love the razor? Yes! But, I will love it more, if I start using it better. So its kind of hard for me to give this razor a glorifying review right now, when that would be a total lie if I did. And I think its far too soon to give this razor a review rating too. I need to get more shaves under my belt with this razor, and develope a more informed opinion. I did assume that shaving with this razor was going to be smooth sailing, that was a mistake.

You can watch as many video's as you want of people shaving with this razor, but at the end of the day, you have to figure this stuff out for yourself. Because your face, neck, skin, hair type, all of that can be different from other's. Just cause somebody else had a perfectly smooth no nick, no weeper, no razor burn shave, doesn't mean you won't. As with everything, technique matters. And this razor is not like others, you gotta figure
Always takes a few shaves with a new razor to get it figured out.......angles, technique, blade selection, etc. You picked a great razor and will soon have it mastered. Watch the pressure wit Ti razors.....the lack of weight sometimes makes you want to press harder.

Very nice...and a few comments:

Love the honesty in the review.

If you shave over your mole often, might be time to get it removed rather than traumatizing it repeatedly...unless it's a signature feature like Cindy Crawford or Madonna. 🙂

Very nice photos. I use a white nylon light box and a mini tripod to take close-up detailed photos of things like my watches for insurance purposes. You can get one cheaply on line and many come with colored paper backdrops.

Lastly, congrats on a beautiful new razor. Feels like Christmas morning.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Oh, I feel your pain. I have a mole right in the center of my chin, just below my soul patch. Been nicked so many times most of the color is gone.

~doug~

Regarding just my mole specifically, I later remember how I nicked it. When I was coming up over it from the bottom, I never nicked it. But, I when I was trying to start my next cut just above the mole, I missjudged where the blade was, cause you can't see it, and I wasn't infact just above the mole when I started again, the blade edge was obviously at the mole, cause thats how I nicked it.

This is the one and only time, when I will have to agree with @rbscebu and he's right. He said he liked straight razors better, because he can see where the blade is. If your doing an ATG pass with a DE razor, its very difficult to find where the edge of your blade is, because the top cap hides it from you! So using a new razor, I have to learn where that edge specifically is, and remember it.

In this specific case of using a DE razor, this is not easy, its a new learning experience, I am sure I will figure it out, but I just want to be honest about how I nicked my mole, so that maybe other's learn something from me, and I can help them figure out, what they were doing wrong. Its all a learning experience. I still prefer a DE, but in this case, I can see where a straight razor would be superior in that regard.

Always takes a few shaves with a new razor to get it figured out.......angles, technique, blade selection, etc. You picked a great razor and will soon have it mastered. Watch the pressure wit Ti razors.....the lack of weight sometimes makes you want to press harder.

As far as my neck is concerned, I will not be doing XTG passes any longer. A good scientist doesn't repeat the same experiment over and over expecting different results. So its not like, after the 5th attempt, my neck magically accepts an XTG pass, not gonna happen. But my neck does have diagonal growth patterns, so I could do more of a DTG. And if you read above, I remembered how I nicked the mole specifically.

Yeah, I don't think it was pressure, I was just guessing at the time cause I couldn't remember. But what I really don't remember, is actually using any real pressure, I thought I was going pretty light with it. Cause, my experience with heavy weighted razors taught me to use no pressure. But the razor is most certainly a different experience then my other razors thats for sure.

You know how smoothly my TT shaved my yesterday? Well, I already told you guys I have a BBS shave. But I just wanted to put it on record, its already been 24-hours since I had the shave with it, and my face feels like a DFS shave now, there has barely been any growth since that shave in 24-hours. My neck has a tiny bit more growth on it, but face and cheeks feels DFS, and the moostash area also DFS.

So what is my point you might be asking? My point is, if you give yourself a excellent BBS shave with a TT, that shave is gonna last so long, you won't need to shave again the next day! Of course, everybody grows their whiskers at different rates I know, but I think as long as your whiskers don't grow super fast, I think you can expect a shave to last a good 24-hours before needing to shave again, which means, the TT could turn you into a 2-day shaver before you know it! 😝

Very nice...and a few comments:

Love the honesty in the review.

If you shave over your mole often, might be time to get it removed rather than traumatizing it repeatedly...unless it's a signature feature like Cindy Crawford or Madonna. 🙂

Very nice photos. I use a white nylon light box and a mini tripod to take close-up detailed photos of things like my watches for insurance purposes. You can get one cheaply on line and many come with colored paper backdrops.

Lastly, congrats on a beautiful new razor. Feels like Christmas morning.

Thats the beauty of a review not being a paid sponsor review, you get to be honest. Last time I got several moles removed, they didn't bother to numb the area, they either froze them off, or burned them off, and it was painful! I got tired of the multiple round torture, so I had enough lol. Its just a fact of life, were born with moles.

I know all about light boxes, I have researched them many times, but the cheap ones that I would consider affordable are too cheap, and fall apart easily, literally every review I've read, and or seen pictures to prove it, all have shown it. And I am not going to spend 100 dollars on a higher quality light box, so I will pass. But thank you!

Yes, talk about Christmas coming early am I right? Glad you liked my photo's! Just shows what you can do even without a light box. ;)

Regarding just my mole specifically, I later remember how I nicked it. When I was coming up over it from the bottom, I never nicked it. But, I when I was trying to start my next cut just above the mole, I missjudged where the blade was, cause you can't see it, and I wasn't infact just above the mole when I started again, the blade edge was obviously at the mole, cause thats how I nicked it.

This is the one and only time, when I will have to agree with @rbscebu and he's right. He said he liked straight razors better, because he can see where the blade is. If your doing an ATG pass with a DE razor, its very difficult to find where the edge of your blade is, because the top cap hides it from you! So using a new razor, I have to learn where that edge specifically is, and remember it.

In this specific case of using a DE razor, this is not easy, its a new learning experience, I am sure I will figure it out, but I just want to be honest about how I nicked my mole, so that maybe other's learn something from me, and I can help them figure out, what they were doing wrong. Its all a learning experience. I still prefer a DE, but in this case, I can see where a straight razor would be superior in that regard.

As far as my neck is concerned, I will not be doing XTG passes any longer. A good scientist doesn't repeat the same experiment over and over expecting different results. So its not like, after the 5th attempt, my neck magically accepts an XTG pass, not gonna happen. But my neck does have diagonal growth patterns, so I could do more of a DTG. And if you read above, I remembered how I nicked the mole specifically.

Yeah, I don't think it was pressure, I was just guessing at the time cause I couldn't remember. But what I really don't remember, is actually using any real pressure, I thought I was going pretty light with it. Cause, my experience with heavy weighted razors taught me to use no pressure. But the razor is most certainly a different experience then my other razors thats for sure.

You know how smoothly my TT shaved my yesterday? Well, I already told you guys I have a BBS shave. But I just wanted to put it on record, its already been 24-hours since I had the shave with it, and my face feels like a DFS shave now, there has barely been any growth since that shave in 24-hours. My neck has a tiny bit more growth on it, but face and cheeks feels DFS, and the moostash area also DFS.

So what is my point you might be asking? My point is, if you give yourself a excellent BBS shave with a TT, that shave is gonna last so long, you won't need to shave again the next day! Of course, everybody grows their whiskers at different rates I know, but I think as long as your whiskers don't grow super fast, I think you can expect a shave to last a good 24-hours before needing to shave again, which means, the TT could turn you into a 2-day shaver before you know it! 😝

Thats the beauty of a review not being a paid sponsor review, you get to be honest. Last time I got several moles removed, they didn't bother to numb the area, they either froze them off, or burned them off, and it was painful! I got tired of the multiple round torture, so I had enough lol. Its just a fact of life, were born with moles.

I know all about light boxes, I have researched them many times, but the cheap ones that I would consider affordable are too cheap, and fall apart easily, literally every review I've read, and or seen pictures to prove it, all have shown it. And I am not going to spend 100 dollars on a higher quality light box, so I will pass. But thank you!

Yes, talk about Christmas coming early am I right? Glad you liked my photo's! Just shows what you can do even without a light box. ;)
Don't feel bad buddy, I nicked my Adam's apple dead center about 30 minutes ago and bled like hell.
First nick I get in months!
I got complacent and pressed!
It's all a learning experience and worth it in the long run.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Last time I got several moles removed, they didn't bother to numb the area, they either froze them off, or burned them off, and it was painful! I got tired of the multiple round torture, so I had enough lol. Its just a fact of life, were born with moles.
Heck, I used to nick the mole on my chin with an electric razor. Last mole I had removed left a 4" scar from behind my left ear to under my chin, I highly recommend getting them checked regularly by a dermatologist. :ouch1:

~doug~

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Don't feel bad buddy, I nicked my Adam's apple dead center about 30 minutes ago and bled like hell.
First nick I get in months!
I got complacent and pressed!
It's all a learning experience and worth it in the long run.

Awww, I am so very sorry to hear this, that must have been scarry! If I had that kind of injury, I'd switch to first aid, roger that, at your service lol. I'd be cleaning that up with some isopropyl alcohol, (feel the sting) then I'd do treatment with neosporn, (feel the sooth) then I'd apply a bandage, (better living, when it can heal)

I pray that you heal up very soon, so you can get back to shaving once again. Were born with adams apples that don't show until we come of age. Then nature says, guess what, your shaving now! At that time in our lives, we hate shaving, cause its a chore, and takes away from the stuff we really wanna do. But then later in life, however long that is, (different for everybody) we discover wet shaving.

Originally, I thought wet shaving was a cart razor and some can of foam, cause you do shave wet to do it, you do use water! But I've learned the error of my ways, wet shaving is the traditional art of shaving, not those plastic multi bladed monstrosities they call razors! Traditional wet shaving, better living when you can enjoy the shave. Yes sir!

Heck, I used to nick the mole on my chin with an electric razor. Last mole I had removed left a 4" scar from behind my left ear to under my chin, I highly recommend getting them checked regularly by a dermatologist. :ouch1:

~doug~

Thankfully, my mole is tiny enough, I don't nick it with an electric razor, not unless I was applying extreme levels of pressure! 4" scar ha? Ya, screw that! Some people like the battle war hero look, not me. Yes, bow to the mole, bow before I say! JK LOL! 😝

Awww, I am so very sorry to hear this, that must have been scarry! If I had that kind of injury, I'd switch to first aid, roger that, at your service lol. I'd be cleaning that up with some isopropyl alcohol, (feel the sting) then I'd do treatment with neosporn, (feel the sooth) then I'd apply a bandage, (better living, when it can heal)

I pray that you heal up very soon, so you can get back to shaving once again. Were born with adams apples that don't show until we come of age. Then nature says, guess what, your shaving now! At that time in our lives, we hate shaving, cause its a chore, and takes away from the stuff we really wanna do. But then later in life, however long that is, (different for everybody) we discover wet shaving.

Originally, I thought wet shaving was a cart razor and some can of foam, cause you do shave wet to do it, you do use water! But I've learned the error of my ways, wet shaving is the traditional art of shaving, not those plastic multi bladed monstrosities they call razors! Traditional wet shaving, better living when you can enjoy the shave. Yes sir!

Thankfully, my mole is tiny enough, I don't nick it with an electric razor, not unless I was applying extreme levels of pressure! 4" scar ha? Ya, screw that! Some people like the battle war hero look, not me. Yes, bow to the mole, bow before I say! JK LOL! 😝
No big deal. It was a tiny nick but bleeds alot in that area. I used a styptic pencil and done!
I'd be more afraid of your mole ordeal!
I'll be back at it tomorrow avoiding that spot for a couple of days.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
4" scar ha? Ya, screw that!
That's what I said!

It was a malignancy that my hair stylist had been bugging me about, and the dermatologist just kept following the tail until he got it all. I was lucky in a way because it deadened the nerve it followed, so there was very little pain, but there is a lingering numbness on the left side of my face. At least I can shave over it now.

~doug~

Top Bottom