What's new

I Just Ordered A Timeless Titanium Razor!!! Crown Handle! .095 Blade!

The Timeless Ti .95 with Crown handle is a joy to shave with! Don’t be afraid of the OC plate. It’s very smooth!
980652C7-9589-4432-B2DA-1DD02EE496D6.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
The Timeless Ti .95 with Crown handle is a joy to shave with! Don’t be afraid of the OC plate. It’s very smooth!View attachment 1460801

Thank you very much @HabanaRon I think your razor is amazing! It looks so good there in the lineup. Glad to know that the open comb is good. BTW, love that show with Tony Soprano, also a timeless classic. <<<--- You see what I did there? Yes I said it, and I will say it again. HAHA 😁

Congratulations! I predict you're going to LOVE IT!!!!!

I shaved with mine tonight.
View attachment 1460808

Thank you so much! And I predict, that you predict, that I will love it, correctly. HEHE Your razor is also looking good sitting there. And I even see a nifty little barber shop pole right there, pretty neat.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't resist, I tried. 🤣

I just grabbed this picture from their page, to give you
an idea of what razor were talking about.
View attachment 1460346

Here is a screencap of the options I through in!
View attachment 1460347

Alright, now that my true holy grail of a razor has been purchased, I really have to stop now. I am going to hate seeing my credit statement next month! 🤣 Pictures will be provided in my customer style, once razor arrives. Thanks guys, my wonderful family of enablers! 😁
An outstanding razor in every respect! :thumbup:

Looking forward to your comments and impressions of your new razor! :)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

An outstanding razor in every respect! :thumbup:

Looking forward to your comments and impressions of your new razor! :)

Thank you so much! David, much appreciated buddy. I am looking forward to my comments too, as I have no idea what I am going to say. 😝 I think my razor is supposed to come on the 26th.! Woohoo, I am so excited! 😁

Congrats! Great choice.

Thank you so much Rhody! I am glad that you like my choice, its a Timeless choice. ;)

Congrats Sir -

truly excellent razor and sets the standard for smooth.

Thank you so much Sascoman, much appreciated! Now see, thats exactly what I am looking for, the razor that set the standard for smooth. I am hoping it provides smoother shaves then either my Rex Ambassador, or my Merkur Futur razor.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Truth is, I was going to go with the open comb at first, but when I saw a picture of just how aggressive the comb was, I thought, no thats too much. I mean, yes I do 2-day stubble shaves, but I don't do once a week shaves, so I don't think I need that level of comb aggression. I figured scalloped was good enough.
I know you are going to be very happy with your new Timeless, but don't be afraid of the open comb. I could shave with mine every day.

I got the Ti95SB baseplate with scalloped stainless cap first, and while I really liked it, I found the Ti95OC to be just as smooth, but more efficient.
I went with the stainless cap because it puts the weight of the head at 28 grams, and I felt the titanium cap is too light, plus I don't care for titanium threads.

~doug~

I know you are going to be very happy with your new Timeless, but don't be afraid of the open comb. I could shave with mine every day.

I got the Ti95SB baseplate with scalloped stainless cap first, and while I really liked it, I found the Ti95OC to be just as smooth, but more efficient.
I went with the stainless cap because it puts the weight of the head at 28 grams, and I felt the titanium cap is too light, plus I don't care for titanium threads.

~doug~
I like your thinking of adding the stainless cap. 👍🧐

I couldn't resist, I tried. 🤣

I just grabbed this picture from their page, to give you
an idea of what razor were talking about.
View attachment 1460346

Here is a screencap of the options I through in!
View attachment 1460347

Alright, now that my true holy grail of a razor has been purchased, I really have to stop now. I am going to hate seeing my credit statement next month! 🤣 Pictures will be provided in my customer style, once razor arrives. Thanks guys, my wonderful family of enablers! 😁
Your soooo lucky!!!! My fiancee would kill me if I spent that much on a razor. She griped about my last razor I bought. "Why you need so many razors for? Why do you need more blades, don't you have like a million?!" Lol

I hope you enjoy that razor! Let us know how she feels.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Ok, why? They don't feel as smooth?
Yes @Sweeney_ .

I'm a retired machinist and worked with titanium in the medical manufacturing business for 35+ years. It's the nature of the material. Titanium is very light and strong, but it is also very abrasive. There is a reason precision instruments are made from bronze and steel. All my titanium handles have been fitted with bronze nosepieces for just that reason.

Plus it dresses them up a bit. :cornut:

20220525_061752[1].jpg

~doug~

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Is today arrival day?

When I ordered from Timeless, they didn't include a tracking number, but it didn't matter since both times, I got the Crown handles in 3 days... of course, location, location, location...

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Guess what came in the mail today? 😁

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

First impressions:

I am literally speechless, I have no words 😍 Its like meeting the most beautiful woman in the world, and all you can get out is a sound. This is without a doubt, one of the most beautiful razors I have ever seen, and even so is the stand that comes with it. This razor on looks alone, has already exceeded my expectations.

After you build your Timeless Titanium razor, on the order finalization page, there is a box to provide a note. Knowing how my engraving was going to be far less then the 20 character maximum, I figured there would be room to embold the engraving. So I left a note asking them to embold it, and they did! This also exceeded my expectations, I can't believe how legible the engraving is woohoo! :thumbup:

I love the smooth top cap, I love the scalloped base plate, and I love the crown handle! I thought I would have to get one of those fancy nylon washers everybody talks about, imagine my surprise when I discovered, such a washer was already supplied with the razor. If you take a close look at the pictures, you will see a white washer in there. ;)

The weight of the razor, feels about half the weight of a Merkur Futur, so that should give you some idea. I would be doing a disservice if I classified this as a light weight razor, it is not. This is best classified as a medium weight razor, because it is just over 2 OZ. Still though, its the lightest razor I own, so something to get used to in the coming shave.

I've seen video's where people were sent a high grade Timeless cloth towel with their order. If you look at the picture, it is clear, thats not a high grade cloth towel, that is one of those super cheap micro fiber wipes, for 360 dollars, come on Timeless, you couldn't have sent me a quality cloth with your logo on it. Having said that however, its handy to have, and I actually used it to grab the razor and move it around for the pics, so I wouldn't get awful finger prints on it. lol

I decided to forgo shaving for the rest of the week, so I could have plenty of whiskers to try this new razor out tomorrow. So please be patient on my report, for now, I think the pictures are more important, don't you think? Cause you guys get to see the razor hehe! 😁

Photography Behind The Scenes:

You guys may have noticed a major change to my backdrop. I decided, for a holy grail really expensive razor, I wanted to take the best pictures I ever have for B&B, this means, a lot of work was involved. First, I wanted a darker background, as I didn't want light to reflect, and create unwanted corona's. Plus, the navy blue background just looks truly stellar, and I feel it provides, a soothing atmosphere.

The biggest difference between this razor and my others is, its polished. Being a polished razor means, its going to reflect light very easily, and I knew all too well, if I used my camera's flash, it was going to ruin every shot I took. But I am using a Canon SX 620 HS Powershot, if you don't use the flash, then you simply can't hold the camera, cause no matter how steady you think your hands are, they will never be steady enough to prevent a blurry shot without the flash to compensate.

This means, I needed to mount my camera to my professional video tripod. All pictures were taken on this tripod, which kept the camera steady. In an effort to prevent any shutter button presses from jostling the camera, I used a 5 countdown timer, taking 5 shots each. I played with exposures 0, -1, and -2. Most of my pictures seemed to look good with -1 exposure. I kept the ISO set to 100 for all shots taken. So without using the flash, what was my lighting?

I was using a 35 watt LED work light on the left side, and a Neewer professional 10-watt diffused key light, on the right side. I was using the bounce lighting or reflective light method. I aimed the lights at the white ceiling, to allow it to reflect the light, this way I didn't have hard flashes of light on the polish, or at least, reduced to the best of my ability, with the technology I have in home. The only problem with the 35 watt LED worklight, is its a warmer temperature light, probably around 3500 to 4000 K.

So in some of my pictures, you see a bit of yellow, that is making the razor look like brass or gold. I ended up editing the rest of my pictures in post, to try and remove some of the yellow color. What I need to do, is buy another light that is temperature selectable, and that will correct that little oversight. Considering that I am not using a professional DSLR, its IMO, that my pictures turned out pretty darn good.

Without a major technology upgrade, both in lighting and camera, this is about as good as it gets for me. I took about two hours, setting up, taking shots, and then spent another couple hours in post processing. So, with all that work involved, I truly hope that you guys love my pics! Have a great shave, have a great day! :)

Top Bottom