What's new

I just ordered a Simpsons Trafalgar T2 brush!

Just got a chance to use my new T2 for the first time. Very nice!
It's smaller than my Plissoft Disruptor both in handle size and knot but it works well.
The fibers are soft and I was able to load up rather quickly (faster than the Plissoft).
Excellent quality for the price. It'll definitely be part of my rotation.
I like it alot!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Sorry no picture!
Winding down for the night so I'll post one tomorrow!

I was actually wondering about that. Well, I am going to hold you to it, cause I'd love to see it. So tomorrow, come flying in with your pretty plane, delivering the cargo of a one, Trafalgar T2 brush! 😁

I was actually wondering about that. Well, I am going to hold you to it, cause I'd love to see it. So tomorrow, come flying in with your pretty plane, delivering the cargo of a one, Trafalgar T2 brush! 😁
LOL!
I don't fly tomorrow (day off for yearly physical) but I'll post one in the evening.

Con gratulations. I love my T2. It's my favorite synth. If you like the size and want a premium badger brush, then consider the Simpson Duke 3. It is very similar in size.

Here are some pictures of my T2. I've also uploaded a picture of it next to my Razorock Disruptor (for size comparison).

s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg
s4.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Here are some pictures of my T2. I've also uploaded a picture of it next to my Razorock Disruptor (for size comparison).

View attachment 1442538View attachment 1442537View attachment 1442536View attachment 1442539

You can't beat perfection, and your choice of brush was certainly perfect, I love it! And I also love that name disruptor, it reminds me so much of that old cartoon guy, you know, this guy.

Looney Tunes No GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem
1650398458003.png

Again, congrats on your new brush, I am so happy for you! I hope it works as amazingly as the method in which you decided to purchase it. 😁

I have a T1 for use on hard soaps, but just ordered a T3 that I plan to use when head shaving to cover more area. I usually go straight from loading to lathering my head, and the Simpson Trafalgar brushes seem better suited to the task than my other synthetics, which are softer.

I guess I need a T2 to complete the trifecta.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I have a T1 for use on hard soaps, but just ordered a T3 that I plan to use when head shaving to cover more area. I usually go straight from loading to lathering my head, and the Simpson Trafalgar brushes seem better suited to the task than my other synthetics, which are softer.

I guess I need a T2 to complete the trifecta.

Hey Joe!

I am curious, what is the exact size of the Simpson T3? I am trying to figure out if they are the same size as my new brush?

Maseto Avatar 30 knott 56 loft Silver Tipped Badger brush
proxy.php

Hey Joe!

I am curious, what is the exact size of the Simpson T3? I am trying to figure out if they are the same size as my new brush?

Maseto Avatar 30 knott 56 loft Silver Tipped Badger brush
proxy.php
Bought it from Maggard, and according to their description it has a 28mm knot with a loft of 53mm - so just a bit smaller than yours.

I usually prefer 24mm or smaller for bowl lathering and face shaving but wanted something a bit more "jumbo" for the head. I'm thinking the T3 will work just fine.

It will definitely be my biggest brush.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Bought it from Maggard, and according to their description it has a 28mm knot with a loft of 53mm - so just a bit smaller than yours.

I usually prefer 24mm or smaller for bowl lathering and face shaving but wanted something a bit more "jumbo" for the head. I'm thinking the T3 will work just fine.

It will definitely be my biggest brush.

I agree! I think sizes between 28 to 30 knott 56 to 59 loft auda be large enough to lather the dome with excellent results. I think you ordered an excellent brush for sure! Please by all means keep us informed. :)

I agree! I think sizes between 28 to 30 knott 56 to 59 loft auda be large enough to lather the dome with excellent results. I think you ordered an excellent brush for sure! Please by all means keep us informed. :)
Ok.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I also ordered some of your favorite blades (Bic) to try in my Feather razor, and one of these to push my order to free shipping minimum:

plate.jpg

I'm going to mount it on the wall in my shave den, though I won't actually use it (not gonna cut the slot in the wall) so it will be strictly decor. I couldn't resist for 6 bucks.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Ok.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I also ordered some of your favorite blades (Bic) to try in my Feather razor, and one of these to push my order to free shipping minimum:

View attachment 1443679

I'm going to mount it on the wall in my shave den, though I won't actually use it (not gonna cut the slot in the wall) so it will be strictly decor. I couldn't resist for 6 bucks.

It didn't take me long in this shaving hobby to learn about those, even though our family never had anything like it when I was growing up. It was common for some families though back in the day. I've heard that when contractors took down the old houses, they'd discover tons of blades collected in between the wall studs lol.

It will make for great decor as long as you keep it well polished. Make sure it shines like a new dime, then it will make for great decoration. Also, those Bic blades will give you a smoother shave then Feather blades. But here's what I've found! The very first shave with a brand new Bic Chrome Platinum blade will not be as smooth, as the rest of the shaves with the same blade after.

I think this is because the first shave does something with the blade edge, like hones it maybe IDK. It just seems like all my 4 other shaves with that blade went smoother then the very first shave. Whats great about them, is that they are cheap! I mean you can get a 100 pack of Bic blades for like 14 dollars, where as Feathers and Kai blades will cost you like 35 dollars for a 100 pack!

And when you consider that the Bic blades have better edge retention, I was able to get 5 shaves out of a single blade before it was dull. Best I could get out of my Feather blade was like 3 shaves and done.

It didn't take me long in this shaving hobby to learn about those, even though our family never had anything like it when I was growing up. It was common for some families though back in the day. I've heard that when contractors took down the old houses, they'd discover tons of blades collected in between the wall studs lol.

It will make for great decor as long as you keep it well polished. Make sure it shines like a new dime, then it will make for great decoration. Also, those Bic blades will give you a smoother shave then Feather blades. But here's what I've found! The very first shave with a brand new Bic Chrome Platinum blade will not be as smooth, as the rest of the shaves with the same blade after.

I think this is because the first shave does something with the blade edge, like hones it maybe IDK. It just seems like all my 4 other shaves with that blade went smoother then the very first shave. Whats great about them, is that they are cheap! I mean you can get a 100 pack of Bic blades for like 14 dollars, where as Feathers and Kai blades will cost you like 35 dollars for a 100 pack!

And when you consider that the Bic blades have better edge retention, I was able to get 5 shaves out of a single blade before it was dull. Best I could get out of my Feather blade was like 3 shaves and done.
I've read here often that the second shave on many brands of blades is better than the first. One theory is that the first shave wears the "rough" coating from the much sharper, naked blade edge.

Top Bottom