What's new

I just ordered a Simpsons Trafalgar T2 brush!

I'm still new to this and had started with my first brush a couple weeks ago. It's a Razorock Plissoft Disruptor which I picked up on sale at Groomatorium for like $6. It works, feels and looks great but I wanted to add another synthetic brush. After researching, I found the Trafalgar line to be a good step up from the Razorock. And I wanted a Simpsons brush!
For the price it seemed very reasonable. I don't think I'll ever be the guy that spends $100 on a brush (maybe, LOL!).
The T2 looks to be the middle ground in size so that's the one I ordered. I'm sure in the end I'll end up buying the other ones as well.
I searched on B&B but found older threads about the Trafalgar's. I'd love your opinions on this brush and look forward to it's arrival.
LRod

I have the T3 and love it. It took a while to win me over as it has more backbone that I normally like (either that or, contrary to what people say, it needed to be broken in).

My RazorRock Monster is just as good.

I just bought a T-2 myself a couple of weeks ago to add to my small "collection". I really like it. Soft with good backbone and no problem building a good lather. Nice looking brush too. I think you'll be happy with it.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
If you are a fan of synthetic brushes you will most likely enjoy it. I have the T3 and it hasn’t won me over yet, just not something I reach for regularly. I think the size of the T2 might have been more in line with what I regularly use. Hope you get great enjoyment from yours!

If you are a fan of synthetic brushes you will most likely enjoy it. I have the T3 and it hasn’t won me over yet, just not something I reach for regularly. I think the size of the T2 might have been more in line with what I regularly use. Hope you get great enjoyment from yours!
I still don't know what I'm a fan of, Lol!!
The T2 will be my second brush since I'm still new to this. But my first is also synthetic and I'm sure many others I buy will also be. I've also ordered a Vie Long horse hair brush to try it out. I'll stay within synthetic or horse for sure. So I guess I've got lots to try out as time goes by.

Very wise move, Sir! Now, you only need to get a T1 and T3, too... :a39:
I laughed, but after being well satisfied by the T2; somehow I have a T3, which is a beast

The Simpson T2 is a good brush and the right size for me but I still regularly choose a badger brush in favor of it.
Same boat. Though premium boars have lately caught my eye (and my face)...
I cannot complain about the Trafalgar line at all; I love my Simpson's

I purchased a T2 and found it to be slightly too small for my liking. However, I loved the feel of the brush; soft, but with backbone. Thus, I purchased a T3. It is my favorite synthetic brush. It is my go to brush when lathering dark colored soaps that might discolor my natural brushes.

My T2 is now serving as a lint brush for cleaning vinyl records.

I don't think I'll ever be the guy that spends $100 on a brush (maybe, LOL!).
:popc:

realistically, the Plissoft and the T2 are all you ever need, well done. :straight:

one day you'll wonder what is all the fuss about those badger brushes, you might want to try it for yourself. after looking at the price list of silvertips and manchurians, $80-100 suddenly seems reasonable :)
ask me how I know :c1:

:popc:

realistically, the Plissoft and the T2 are all you ever need, well done. :straight:

one day you'll wonder what is all the fuss about those badger brushes, you might want to try it for yourself. after looking at the price list of silvertips and manchurians, $80-100 suddenly seems reasonable :)
ask me how I know :c1:
I don't think I'll ever do Badger even though of course it does make me curious. And to cure the curiosity, I bought a horse hair brush that arrived yesterday. Most likely the only type of animal hair brush that I'll try. It's a Vie-long 12705 Peleon. I yet to have a chance to try neither that one or my Simpsons T2. I'll try them both over the weekend. Here's the horse hair brush:

81TbVDexW+L._SY606_.jpg

Top Bottom