What's new

I just ordered a Simpsons Trafalgar T2 brush!

I've read here often that the second shave on many brands of blades is better than the first. One theory is that the first shave wears the "rough" coating from the much sharper, naked blade edge.
I'm using all Bic now on all my razors except Feathers on my Lupo DE. I've found Bic to be the blade that pretty much works on every razor. Second shave and on, it's sharper than a first shave with a Feather. And smoother too!
For me the Feather is trash after the second shave but the Bic keeps going.
Great blades for sure and a lot cheaper than Feather.

I'm using all Bic now on all my razors except Feathers on my Lupo DE. I've found Bic to be the blade that pretty much works on every razor. Second shave and on, it's sharper than a first shave with a Feather. And smoother too!
Well, I've got 600 Astra SP blades, and just got six comfortable shaves from the most recent one. I swapped it out today but probably could have kept using it. The Astra blades give me a worry-free DFS, considering my less than perfect technique.

Having said that, I have also picked up some Nacets, and now the Bics just to have some sharper options available...and because (I admit) I'm a bit concerned about blade availability down the road. Blades are cheap and plentiful right now, so I'm stocking up.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

I agree LRod, I find that Feather blades are completely dull by the 3rd use, which is why I won't buy them anymore, total waste of money if you asked me! It took 5-uses out of my Bic blade, to where I noticed it started tugging my hairs, and missing hairs, requiring lots of buffing on my last shave.

Truth is, when you have course whiskers like me, were not one of those folks you hear about, who get 10 shaves out of a single blade, only people getting that, have got to have soft whiskers! Cause, course whiskers make a blade dull faster.

And besides, on that How Its Made style documentary for how razor blades are made, a video that somebody recently posted on this forum, you clearly heard the narrator say, people typically get 5 to 6 shaves on a single blade. And I am like, yep, exactly! lol

I love the smooth shaves that I get from my Bic blades, I don't think I am going to use anything else now. I was tempted at first to maybe try out some Kai blades, but honestly, arn't they just like a Feather blade, made in Japan, last a couple uses then done? Cause, if they are, I rather stick with the Bic's!

Well, I've got 600 Astra SP blades, and just got six comfortable shaves from the most recent one. I swapped it out today but probably could have kept using it. The Astra blades give me a worry-free DFS, considering my less than perfect technique.

Having said that, I have also picked up some Nacets, and now the Bics just to have some sharper options available...and because (I admit) I'm a bit concerned about blade availability down the road. Blades are cheap and plentiful right now, so I'm stocking up.
If you like Astra's the Bic's will be great. The Bic's fit somewhere between the Astra & Feather.

The Trafalgar T3 has landed...

20220422_144312.jpg

...and this, which I just mounted to the wall. I'm not going to use it, so there is no hole in the wall behind it. I put a piece of card stock, colored with a black Sharpie behind it to give the illusion of an open slot. Let's call it shave den decor.

20220422_144147.jpg

Looking forward to trying the brush on my noggin this Sunday - head shave day - and I'm thinking it will be perfect. Good size and soft enough to feel luxurious but still got some backbone.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

View attachment 1444095

...and this, which I just mounted to the wall. I'm not going to use it, so there is no hole in the wall behind it. I put a piece of card stock, colored with a black Sharpie behind it to give the illusion of an open slot. Let's call it shave den decor.

View attachment 1444096

Looking forward to trying the brush on my noggin this Sunday - head shave day - and I'm thinking it will be perfect. Good size and soft enough to feel luxurious but still got some backbone.
I have one on the way.... purchased here the other day (Thanks again, JWCowboy). I don't really need another brush... but you know.... ;)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

View attachment 1444095

View attachment 1444096

Aint that a beautiful brush! I love it! I hope that the hairs are nice and soft, and that the brush has good solid backbone as well. I also love that you got the Bic blades too! Just remember, first shave sets the edge, so the blade coating is a bit rough on the first shave. But, the rest of the shaves is going to go nice and smooth.

And consider my well illused with the blade dispensary lol. Looking good there! Make sure to let us know how you like the brush and blades once you've had a chance to use them. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom