What's new

I just ordered a "Made in the USA" SCS-Model A Razor!

I have one and like it a lot. A nice mild but effective shaver that feels a lot like a Henson. I get wonderfully close, very comfortable long lasting shaves every time. It's in my top 5 razors.
Nice! So someone else here bought one before, Lol!!
I'm looking forward to when I get it!

Looks great for the money.

I'm assuming the threaded parts are SS along with the alignment pins, so all the "moving" parts are the same material. I'm thinking it will be fine. It sure looks cool, love the design. Hopefully it shaves well for you.
I'm not totally sure how the different metals are distributed throughout the whole razor. I guess we'll find out once I get it.

I'm not totally sure how the different metals are distributed throughout the whole razor. I guess we'll find out once I get it.
@gpjoe has it right.
One SS part is in the cap, a threaded post that fits into the handle. In the base plate, there are two SS pins that position the blade and align the cap and base plate. There's a threaded SS insert (Time-Sert or HeliCoil) in the handle. So, there are 4 SS parts in the razor. Using these SS parts saves a lot of machining time and material cost. Brilliant design!

As a Henson and Winning fan, I too am very interested in your review and more pics of the head. With what can be seen from the pics on Etsy, it does not look like the blade is clamped as hard and close to the edge as the Henson, but we'll have to see more.

I'm blaming @LRod that I'm now out $47 bucks (razor + tax). I ordered mine this morning. My daughter is a regular support of KickStarter projects, and this feels like I'm supporting someone's dream. I've been eying a Henson for a while, but the SimpleCleanShave Model A Razor has my interest piqued (plus I love shopping Etsy stores - definitely a weakness)!

Looking forward to the reviews and trying it myself!!

I'm blaming @LRod that I'm now out $47 bucks (razor + tax). I ordered mine this morning. My daughter is a regular support of KickStarter projects, and this feels like I'm supporting someone's dream. I've been eying a Henson for a while, but the SimpleCleanShave Model A Razor has my interest piqued (plus I love shopping Etsy stores - definitely a weakness)!

Looking forward to the reviews and trying it myself!!
Hahahaha, sorry!!
I just got an email from Etsy that my razor got delivered today and I'm on a trip. Got here 2 days early!
I won't be using it till tomorrow 🙁

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hahahaha, sorry!!
I just got an email from Etsy that my razor got delivered today and I'm on a trip. Got here 2 days early!
I won't be using it till tomorrow 🙁

LRod is taking a little trip, taking a little trip, to heaven! Oh he's off on an adventure, to get his razor! Do you feel the excitement, I know I do! 😁

Got home tonight and was able to unbox my new razors. I'll be using them both between tomorrow and Monday. Comes in a nice basic white box with a nifty plastic holder for transit. Included were some blades which I haven't unboxed. They seem to be unbranded (at least the sleeves are). First impression is that you can tell that it's really well built. It's mixed metal so it's light but definitely has more heft than an all aluminum razor. The alignment pins have some machine marks but no other marks on the rest of the razor. Alignment pins are on the base plate! Easy to load and nice alignment! I loaded a blade and took a picture of it so you all can see where it sits in reference to the blade gap. Definitely visible is it's negative blade exposure.
Tomorrow we'll see how it shaves. For those interested, I've posted some pictures of my Karve which I received today as well.
Here:

Post in thread 'Timeless Bronze or Karve CB Brass (Which should I buy)?' Timeless Bronze or Karve CB Brass (Which should I buy)? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/timeless-bronze-or-karve-cb-brass-which-should-i-buy.624677/post-11803880

Here's the SCS:

PXL_20220612_025012991.jpg
PXL_20220612_025045799.jpg
PXL_20220612_025118831.jpg
PXL_20220612_025302699.jpg
PXL_20220612_025248378~2.jpg
PXL_20220612_025110580~2.jpg
PXL_20220612_025055260~2.jpg

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Thank you for taking all these pictures, as it really helps us get a good look at a razor, this I appreciate very much, again thank you! :)

What I find strange, is there is no branding on the box, but there certainly is a textured pattern on it!

I am a fan of the stealthy black look of this razor. I think Batman should have this razor in his shave den, just saying. :batman: The upper part of the handle appears to have some grip, at least for tightening and loosening, but the bottom half is quite smooth. Also, this is the kind of razor that needs a stand, the bottom doesn't look like it would stand on its own. However, because the head of the razor is flat, maybe it can stand on its head? 🤸‍♂️

Yeah see, the head is flat on top, instead of round, it might be able to stand up on its head possibly. I personally do not like the exposed alignment pins shown in the head. Having said that however, I can assume they did that for a reason? And that reason perhaps might be, that they found in their R&D, that longer pins help to hold the blade in place better, more securely, by letting the pins extend a bit?

I know all too well how difficult it is to get this picture, my old camera wouldn't have been able to do it at all. My newer Canon camera can, its all about focal length when it comes to close up macro photography. However, despite the picture being a bit blurry, you still managed to show us the blade gap, I am proud of you for that. And I am happy to report, that the blade gaps on our razors, are practically identical!

proxy.php

Excellent job with this picture! This picture came out clearer, and you managed to show us the blade exposure. Again, I am proud of you for this. Now this is where our razors differ more. Compare your blade exposure, to my razors blade exposure, and you will see a difference with the way these razors hold the blade. This is fascinating stuff!

proxy.php

Honestly, I really don't know which of ours have better blade exposure, I am still learning this stuff you see. Is it better for the blade exposure to be higher up positioned, or lower angle positioned? I really don't know. But I say again, fascinating stuff, and I love to compare such things. Very fun, and I am happy that you razor came. I can only hope that you will enjoy it!

Thank you for taking all these pictures, as it really helps us get a good look at a razor, this I appreciate very much, again thank you! :)

What I find strange, is there is no branding on the box, but there certainly is a textured pattern on it!

I am a fan of the stealthy black look of this razor. I think Batman should have this razor in his shave den, just saying. :batman: The upper part of the handle appears to have some grip, at least for tightening and loosening, but the bottom half is quite smooth. Also, this is the kind of razor that needs a stand, the bottom doesn't look like it would stand on its own. However, because the head of the razor is flat, maybe it can stand on its head? 🤸‍♂️

Yeah see, the head is flat on top, instead of round, it might be able to stand up on its head possibly. I personally do not like the exposed alignment pins shown in the head. Having said that however, I can assume they did that for a reason? And that reason perhaps might be, that they found in their R&D, that longer pins help to hold the blade in place better, more securely, by letting the pins extend a bit?

I know all too well how difficult it is to get this picture, my old camera wouldn't have been able to do it at all. My newer Canon camera can, its all about focal length when it comes to close up macro photography. However, despite the picture being a bit blurry, you still managed to show us the blade gap, I am proud of you for that. And I am happy to report, that the blade gaps on our razors, are practically identical!

proxy.php

Excellent job with this picture! This picture came out clearer, and you managed to show us the blade exposure. Again, I am proud of you for this. Now this is where our razors differ more. Compare your blade exposure, to my razors blade exposure, and you will see a difference with the way these razors hold the blade. This is fascinating stuff!

proxy.php

Honestly, I really don't know which of ours have better blade exposure, I am still learning this stuff you see. Is it better for the blade exposure to be higher up positioned, or lower angle positioned? I really don't know. But I say again, fascinating stuff, and I love to compare such things. Very fun, and I am happy that you razor came. I can only hope that you will enjoy it!
The box has no branding because these razors are built by one person (probably in his home!).
It's just a basic gift box! Probably cheaper to put no name on it.
The blade exposure on these is negative. On your Timeless it's positive. And the person who makes them does not publish any numbers for the Blade gap nor the blade exposure.
Your Timeless has a blade exposure of .95
I wouldn't know how much blade gap this one has but it's definitely less than yours.

This page might be of interest to you:

Last edited:
Uh, that would be an impressive blade exposure.

(We all make mistcakes.)

View attachment 1471044

Notice these Timeless exposures are in inches and the gaps are in mm.

(The 0.68 mm gapped razor's blade exposure is in both inches and mm?)

Happy shaves,

Jim
That's what I meant. I missed the 0 before the decimal.
Thanks for pointing that out!
Everyone likes a good MISTCAKE, LOL!!

Top Bottom