What's new

I just ordered a "Made in the USA" SCS-Model A Razor!

Haven't seen any postings to this thread in some time.

I purchased an SCS Model A razor earlier in the year and it's in my regular razor rotation. It just so happens it's my razor this week. I'm on day four with a Silver Max blade with the same number.

It's a smooth shaver but is efficient and I would rate the aggressiveness scale as mild to medium. Little to no blade feel and no chatter whatsoever. Definitely a daily driver. I really like it!

I purchased an SCS Model A razor earlier in the year and it's in my regular razor rotation. It just so happens it's my razor this week. I'm on day four with a Silver Max blade with the same number.

It's a smooth shaver but is efficient and I would rate the aggressiveness scale as mild to medium. Little to no blade feel and no chatter whatsoever. Definitely a daily driver. I really like it!
That's great that it's part of your rotation and works for you. I sold mine long ago because I never could get a close shave with it. Not only was it mild (which is fine) but the end result was always underwhelming for me.
Glad you like it and got one while you could. I believe they no longer make that model. I've run into the Etsy store occasionally when browsing and it always shows that they're taking a break. Interestingly, the Razor company has a full stainless version (with TRC branding) that looks the same as the Model A.
I'm guessing it's made by the same person!

Mine has made its way into my regular rotation, too, especially when trying new (to me) blades. I get consistently very goo/great shaves from mine.

That's great that it's part of your rotation and works for you. I sold mine long ago because I never could get a close shave with it. Not only was it mild (which is fine) but the end result was always underwhelming for me.
Glad you like it and got one while you could. I believe they no longer make that model. I've run into the Etsy store occasionally when browsing and it always shows that they're taking a break. Interestingly, the Razor company has a full stainless version (with TRC branding) that looks the same as the Model A.
That looks like a beauty of a razor. For grins, I checked the SCS website and received a message saying the website was "parked". Their Etsy site says that the guy who makes these is "taking a break". I'm sure it's difficult to be a one-man startup.

I’ve put it up in other posts before, but I like my SCS Model A. It is a mild razor, but I need a mild razor, so it’s effective and does the job well. Also mentioned before, It’s a little light in the hand. I wouldn’t mind a heavier razor and, another member (can’t remember who) suggested the steel version from TRC, assuming it’s from the same manufacturer. At the time, there were none available.

Rock on SCS Model A!

PS - Never lift, always run flat out!

Over and Out,
Al

I’ve put it up in other posts before, but I like my SCS Model A. It is a mild razor, but I need a mild razor, so it’s effective and does the job well. Also mentioned before, It’s a little light in the hand. I wouldn’t mind a heavier razor and, another member (can’t remember who) suggested the steel version from TRC, assuming it’s from the same manufacturer. At the time, there were none available.

Rock on SCS Model A!

PS - Never lift, always run flat out!

Over and Out,
Al
The Razor Company does have the Stainless SCS razor in stock @ $79.99.

The Razor Company does have the Stainless SCS razor in stock @ $79.99.
Sure is a looker!!
1710519540658.png

I like mine a lot, and have been using it a lot recently, as can be seen in the “what razor/blade” thread.

I think that I have talked myself into buying one of the aluminum ones this week. I bought the last stainless steel one that they had in stock… and now they are showing the aluminum one in stock…

The owner told me all about the construction of the aluminum one, which was not in stock, when I bought the stainless one.

Last edited:
They still make that model. I do not know how to post a link. Google TRC-double edge safety razor-black aluminum.

Ah yes, good for anyone that wants the aluminum. I see The razor company still has them. I thought they were only making the stainless model. Good find!!
Like I said. When I was there looking at the stainless steel one, the owner was telling me about the process of making the aluminum one.

The aluminum one is $49.99 for a made in USA razor….

If you read enough of my posts, you know that I like heavy razors… and stupid heavy razors… I put a phoenix assention flare tip handle on a Tech… and love it… but I am intrigued by a $50 made in USA razor. I also like supporting local businesses.

If it is not clear from my posts, the owner of TRC is the manufacturer.

Like I said. When I was there looking at the stainless steel one, the owner was telling me about the process of making the aluminum one.

The aluminum one is $49.99 for a made in USA razor….

If you read enough of my posts, you know that I like heavy razors… and stupid heavy razors… I put a phoenix assention flare tip handle on a Tech… and love it… but I am intrigued by a $50 made in USA razor. I also like supporting local businesses.

If it is not clear from my posts, the owner of TRC is the manufacturer.
That's why I bought it back then on Etsy (when it was called SCS model A), to support a small USA made product and because I was intrigued by the price for something made here. But it just never worked for me!
I had no idea the owner of TRC made them now. I thought it was the original machinist that designed it that was making it for TRC.

That's why I bought it back then on Etsy (when it was called SCS model A), to support a small USA made product and because I was intrigued by the price for something made here. But it just never worked for me!
I had no idea the owner of TRC made them now. I thought it was the original machinist that designed it that was making it for TRC.
I think that he was always part of the company… I guess that I do not know the exact details.

It is a nice store about 40 minutes from my house if the traffic is not bad.

The owner is very nice, and generous with his time. I have been there 4 times, and I may go back this week.

The only other store (Maggard’s) is an hour and a half away with light traffic… which is too far.

I like to actually look at the razors, and other stuff, if I can.

I think that he was always part of the company… I guess that I do not know the exact details.

It is a nice store about 40 minutes from my house if the traffic is not bad.

The owner is very nice, and generous with his time. I have been there 4 times, and I may go back this week.

The only other store (Maggard’s) is an hour and a half away with light traffic… which is too far.

I like to actually look at the razors, and other stuff, if I can.
Very cool though that you have 2 physical razor stores near by.
I'd love to have something close by to physically browse!
I think the only one down here in Florida is Fendrihan in Tampa. But I think they don't have a showroom.
Just a warehouse!

Same. I've got the black version (bought mine from his site on Etsy - thanks to you, @LRod) and it's become a part of my regular rotation. I had excellent dealings with the original machinist; hoping that continues over to TRC.

Top Bottom