What's new

I just ordered a "Made in the USA" SCS-Model A Razor!

I was on Etsy looking at the Greencult razor and I accidentally ran into this unique razor. I love USA Made stuff so I couldn't say no. They're individually hand made by a (one man operation) machinist/engineer and they're mixed metal Stainless steel & aluminium. I haven't seen these mentioned here on B&B!
Hopefully it's a good shaver but regardless, It's nice to support small USA operations like this.
The design is original so it looks like a nice piece to keep. Quality is supposed to be A-1!
Price is incredible at $45!
I'll post a follow up when it arrives next week!

Here is the item description and some pictures:

"Anodized, 6061 Aluminum, Stainless steel
100% designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA by me personally. A completely new design from the ground up. The intent for this design was to make an affordable high quality made in the USA safety razor. This was accomplished by a hybrid design that utilizes stainless steel inserts while maintaining manufacturability. This simple combination allows for quality and affordability while being made In The USA.
-Handle length 3 1/2"
-Blade angle 30 Deg.
-Blade exposure is negative, engineered to rely on the flexibility of the skin for a quality daily shaver.
-Thick Hard Coat anodize that is much thicker than the typical cosmetic anodize.
-All aluminum parts are individually CNC machined by me personally from solid billets of 6061 aluminum.
-18-8 Stainless Pins contact the blade for reliable alignment.
-Both the threads in the top and in the handle are 18-8 stainless steel for corrosion resistances and longevity.
-MADE in USA engraved on the base.
For the past 20 years I have been professionally machining parts for industries like aerospace, medical and University based research and development. While becoming an Engineer I learned to truly enjoy the problem solving process.
My razors are a handcrafted labor of love that have been tested and are an improvement to other designs I have used on my own face.
Each part is made start to finish by me and from my own design. I quality check and assemble each razor to assure you receive the highest quality American made products."

s4.png
s3.png
s2.png
s1.png

Last edited:
That's a smart design. The guy is saving a lot of money in machine time and material by using SS pins and a threaded cap screw, instead of machining those features from bar stock of the cap and base plate. Using SS in both places also leads to longevity of the razor.
It's hard to miss the obvious similarities to the Henson Shaving razor.
I can't wait for your review of this razor!

That's a smart design. The guy is saving a lot of money in machine time and material by using SS pins and a threaded cap screw, instead of machining those features from bar stock of the cap and base plate. Using SS in both places also leads to longevity of the razor.
It's hard to miss the obvious similarities to the Henson Shaving razor.
I can't wait for your review of this razor!
I have a "Winning" razor which is very similar to the Henson. I'll be looking at both side by side for a physical (and shave) comparison.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I was on Etsy looking at the Greencult razor and I accidentally ran into this unique razor. I love USA Made stuff so I couldn't say no. They're individually hand made by a (one man operation) machinist/engineer and they're mixed metal Stainless steel & aluminium. I haven't seen these mentioned here on B&B!
Hopefully it's a good shaver but regardless, It's nice to support small USA operations like this.
The design is original so it looks like a nice piece to keep. Quality is supposed to be A-1!

100% designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA by me personally. A completely new design from the ground up. The intent for this design was to make an affordable high quality made in the USA safety razor. This was accomplished by a hybrid design that utilizes stainless steel inserts while maintaining manufacturability. This simple combination allows for quality and affordability while being made In The USA.
-Handle length 3 1/2"
-Blade angle 30 Deg.
-Blade exposure is negative, engineered to rely on the flexibility of the skin for a quality daily shaver.
-Thick Hard Coat anodize that is much thicker than the typical cosmetic anodize.
-All aluminum parts are individually CNC machined by me personally from solid billets of 6061 aluminum.
-Both the threads in the top and in the handle are 18-8 stainless steel for corrosion resistances and longevity.
For the past 20 years I have been professionally machining parts for industries like aerospace, medical and University based research and development. While becoming an Engineer I learned to truly enjoy the problem solving process.
My razors are a handcrafted labor of love that have been tested and are an improvement to other designs I have used on my own face.
Each part is made start to finish by me and from my own design. I quality check and assemble each razor to assure you receive the highest quality American made products."

View attachment 1467752View attachment 1467751View attachment 1467753View attachment 1467754

WOW, I didn't know that you had plans to buy another razor so soon, you must be still on your RAD journey HEHE. Truth is, I've never seen, nor heard of, this razor on B&B. So, I think you are the first person on B&B, to bring this to my attention. It has an interesting design for sure, quite unique, and I hope that you will like it.

I am not so sure about the engineer's decision to mix stainless steel metals with aluminum. Its well known no no, to not mix metals of different types with each other, as they can react to one another. But, maybe because he's an engineer, he worked some magic mojo, to get over that little hurdle, and make a quality razor. You shall see though!

What I will say, is don't expect ATT Windsor or TT quality from this razor, they are in complete 100% different manufacturing and price brackets. But, having said that, hopefully that razor can hold up to proper stainless razor quality for sure! I can't wait for your review for this razor once you've had to try it out, and your pictures as well.

WOW, I didn't know that you had plans to buy another razor so soon, you must be still on your RAD journey HEHE. Truth is, I've never seen, nor heard of, this razor on B&B. So, I think you are the first person on B&B, to bring this to my attention. It has an interesting design for sure, quite unique, and I hope that you will like it.

I am not so sure about the engineer's decision to mix stainless steel metals with aluminum. Its well known no no, to not mix metals of different types with each other, as they can react to one another. But, maybe because he's an engineer, he worked some magic mojo, to get over that little hurdle, and make a quality razor. You shall see though!

What I will say, is don't expect ATT Windsor or TT quality from this razor, they are in complete 100% different manufacturing and price brackets. But, having said that, hopefully that razor can hold up to proper stainless razor quality for sure! I can't wait for your review for this razor once you've had to try it out, and your pictures as well.
It's a $45 razor!
I'm not expecting it to be like my ATT, but why wouldn't it be? Because it's cheap doesn't mean anything really. I don't judge things strictly by price. It's just a nice piece to own and to support a small business. The man who makes them is essentially making a high quality item at a low price point. Razorock is one that does the same thing and they've been very successful. And Razorock's razors aren't even 100% Canadian since the handles come from overseas. So $45 for a matal razor that's fully handmade in the USA is nothing short of a miracle.
Let me let you in on a little secret, the expensive razors we own have big markups!
It just happens to be that my ATT works great and I was willing to pay the cost but I'm very clear on the fact that the name attached raises the selling price. If it wasn't sold by ATT and it had no name, it would probably be selling for half of what I paid, Lol!!
I'm into everything and not just stuff that's expensive!
I definitely don't buy stuff to impress anyone including myself, Lol!!
Mixing metals:
It's done all the time on Airplanes so it should work on a razor too. Have a look at Haircut & Shave Company razors. They make mixed metal shavers and are pretty fantastic.

Last edited:
@LRod
I am really happy to see that you understand that price has nothing to do with shave quality and an understanding of basic marketing forces and economics.
It’s one thing to enjoy expensive things and quite another to believe that you are buying something that does a simple job better than something that may well have been perfected a century ago with simple materials and simple manufacturing processes. And I detest the term “high end” razors. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like or own CNC machined and relatively costly razors. 😛

Nice. I would also like to read your review of it. I prefer the winning razor over the Henson, but they're close. I wonder how this one will stack against them. I just wonder how much grip that handle has at the end.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Nice. I would also like to read your review of it. I prefer the winning razor over the Henson, but they're close. I wonder how this one will stack against them. I just wonder how much grip that handle has at the end.

Probably just as much as the Merkur Futur handle has. You could always plasti-dip the handle to increase grip. Only reason I know about this, is because its what GeoFatBoy does, as he provides a service to providing grip to the handles.

proxy.php

-Handle length 3 1/2"
-Blade angle 30 Deg.

View attachment 1467752View attachment 1467751View attachment 1467753View attachment 1467754
Very nice. Waiting for review. The Green Cult is awesome razor and the price is unbelievable for a stainless one.

When you get your razor, can post a picture of the side view of the head with a blade inserted? The Etsy page doesn't have a picture like that. (I'm curious how the profile of the head compares with Henson and Winning.)
+1

To me the photos look like it has the Henson/Winning profile on the bottom plate/cap interface, but it appears to then curve much more at the top. Seems like it would provide less surface area than either, but maybe get rid of that "suction" that the winning is known for.

When you get your razor, can post a picture of the side view of the head with a blade inserted? The Etsy page doesn't have a picture like that. (I'm curious how the profile of the head compares with Henson and Winning.)
I definitely will. I'll take pictures of different angles and a shave review as well

Top Bottom