What's new

I just love to hate you

Yes, it’s zamak, it’s not balanced as others, it’s head heavy, it has some blade wiggle room.

It doesn’t glide as smoothly as others I use, it doesn’t hold the blade rigid, it chatters and sings like crazy. I even recently started a thread about it.

It seems like it is doing a pretty lousy job… until….

Until the the shave is done and the skin is dry. Oh my lord….

Soooooo smoooothh, so close and the skin feels like it received a healing and recovery treatment, not a sharp blade!

Yes! You Merkur Progress!

You arrived and begged for me to hate you, but you deliver the best results when it seems like you’re doing the worst!

I don’t know what and why, or how, but there’s something about the post shave of this razor that is just top notch.

That’s it, I just had to say it.

What about you, do you have any razors that gives you wonderful results despite not being the perfectly rigid, perfectly assembled top notch stainless number one on quality control produced machine?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
My Yaqi Mellon head, slant, Merker Progress and my R41 all made from Zamac. My Weishi TTO and of course my Fatip piccolo all deliver beautiful smooth shaves

It’s weird, but I have the most wonderful shaves from razors that don’t hold the blade so rigid.

The progress and the EJ89 are great examples.

I wonder if the so called rigidity is in fact an advantage.

Don’t get me wrong, the Game changer or Fatip are great and I use them a lot. But the progress or EJ are just above average on post shave results.

And they both have a not so rigid design.

Top Bottom