What's new

I just keep coming back to Thayers and Nivea

In my search for the perfect shaving products I’ve tested numerous aftershave splashes and balms but I keep coming back to Thayers WH and Nivea Sensitive AS Balm. These aren’t the most exciting products, the fragrances are nothing special but they just work really well. I’ve been trough Trumper Skin Food, DR Harris splashes, Truefitt and Hill, Zingari Man, Speick and nothing can match these simple staples. Are these two products truely the pinnacle of post shave? I’m not sure that it’s worth trying anything else anymore.

Those are two great products you named. I use Thayers with every shave. I use Nivea Sensitive AS Balm after a rough shave. After technique is refined & rough shaves occur infrequently, begin venturing into the worlds of aftershave splashes. I prefer having just a few scents, my wife likes to recognize me by my scent. I like that! So I don't have a myriad of splashes, I have a few. I suggest you try Pinaud Clubman, Lucky Tiger, & Old Spice. See how you like those before you cast a wider net. Others will have other opinions, & they will be valid, as well. That's what is so much fun about this pastime, we all have our opinions, & they are right, for us.

Thayers has been part of my aftershave routine for many years. I like a number of AS balms. My current favorite is L'Occtaine. Very soothing with just a hint of scent. Another good one is DR Harris Aftershave Milk.

I started a thread last year on what are the staples of every shave for you. Me, Proraso face wash in the shower and Thayers after my shave before my AS.. I get it..

I started a thread last year on what are the staples of every shave for you. Me, Proraso face wash in the shower and Thayers after my shave before my AS.. I get it..
IMG_2077.jpg

I use a bunch of different AS splashes (B&M, Stirling, FCS, DG, etc) but always use Thayers and use Nivea sensitive balm a lot as well.

At the cottage every weekend I use Thayer’s Witch Hazel and Nivea AS balm after every shave. No scented AS as the damned mosquitos love it on me!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Thayers witch hazel is the only thing I put on my post shave skin nowadays. My face is seeing a variety of quality soaps/creams so I’m happy to stick with one product that’s working for me. I was using Nivea Men balm below my jaw when sensitive but have pretty much found it’s not necessary any more. For mild sensitivity, the Thayers works nicely. I only discovered these products thanks to the gents on BB.

I use Thayer medicated daily. Since they only sell it in pad form now, I'll be trying a Thayers unscented/Dickinson Deep Cleansing blend.

Top Bottom