What's new

I just found a 1959 Gillette Fatboy found for $10! Not joking!

Great find! I have an F1 and it's in my daily rotation. I haven't read the whole thread to see if you like it but if it doesn't give you great shaves it's very possible it just needs a tune up. Given how you acquired it it may have been knocked out of whack but looking at it I'd bet it's in excellent shave shape.

I just shaved with it today and there were no issues whatsoever! It shaved like a dream! I cleaned her up a bit but it doesn't need any tune up. I'm still dealing with irritation using a very mild Schick Krona but other than that, great shave!

I was lucky enough to acquire a Fat Boy and case, original blade pack and instructions all in just below pristine shape back when I was just starting to wet shave with a DE razor. I use the adjustability every time I shave with it. I am a three pass guy and on the last against the grain go I dial it back two notches. Always smooth, always bbs results.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you enjoy shaving with it.

Small correction on one of the above posts. Gillette changed the profile of the head on the Slim and Super Speed in the early 60's. Some shavers prefer one over the other. It makes no difference to me.[emoji851]

Sent from my H1A1000 using Tapatalk

In 1959, this was a $2 razor. Adjusted for inflation that translates in to approximately $18 in 2020 dollars. So you picked this beauty up for a little more than 1/2 price of original cost. Not a bad for a used razor, lol.

In 1959, this was a $2 razor. Adjusted for inflation that translates in to approximately $18 in 2020 dollars. So you picked this beauty up for a little more than 1/2 price of original cost. Not a bad for a used razor, lol.

Yeah, it's in great shape. Once I cleaned her up she was looking good. It didn't need any restoration just a bath.

Glad to hear you enjoy shaving with it.

Small correction on one of the above posts. Gillette changed the profile of the head on the Slim and Super Speed in the early 60's. Some shavers prefer one over the other. It makes no difference to me.[emoji851]

Sent from my H1A1000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't mind a bigger head or smaller head either way because my facial hair on my lip doesn't really grow a whole lot

I was lucky enough to acquire a Fat Boy and case, original blade pack and instructions all in just below pristine shape back when I was just starting to wet shave with a DE razor. I use the adjustability every time I shave with it. I am a three pass guy and on the last against the grain go I dial it back two notches. Always smooth, always bbs results.

I should have picked one up on eBay before they got expensive. When I started I just picked up a 1957 Gillette Tech. I paid less for the Fatboy than the Tech!

Top Bottom