What's new

I just finished reading "Great Expectations"

I reread this a few months ago and I am half-convinced I never finished it the first time (Middle school) as I just did not remember the last bit. On the reread - it does not help that Pip is just so unlikeable through about 80% of the novel. I do get the point in many ways that's what makes the end more perhaps remarkable, but it is a long slog through the dreary inexplicable disdain towards "common people" due to an accident of "random" wealth through way too much of the novel to make it a "fun read" :/

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I did Great Expectations earlier this year as an audiobook -over 50 years after Cliff's Noting/faking my way through it as required junior HS reading. I hadn't retained any of it save the cobwebbed cake .. It wasn't bad in segments while on the daily walk.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I just cannot get into books written in the 19th century or even early 20th century. I love horror and really wanted to like Dracula and Frankenstein. They were good but so hard to read.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Funniest thing about this thread is the reactions I get from guys who don't realise it's in the Clown House ...

1659024282075.png

Top Bottom