What's new

I just couldn’t resist.... Blackland Dart

I always say that’s it, I’m done. But when something new and shiny shows up, I fold up like a cheap suit. It’s embarrassing to be quite frank that a simple razor, a s/s one at that can make a man feel like he’s 7 years old on an early Christmas morning waiting for mom & dad to say “Go, open them up”. A grown man waiting for 12 noon to click on an “add to cart” button. Like I really accomplished something. Sad Indeed.......

Who in the hell am I kidding??
Woo-Hoo! Can’t wait to get this bad boy in my hands.... Oh Yeah!!

F21EB2CE-BB06-46FF-AD97-1F29866548E6.gif

I always say that’s it, I’m done. But when something new and shiny shows up, I fold up like a cheap suit. It’s embarrassing to be quite frank that a simple razor, a s/s one at that can make a man feel like he’s 7 years old on an early Christmas morning waiting for mom & dad to say “Go, open them up”. A grown man waiting for 12 noon to click on an “add to cart” button. Like I really accomplished something. Sad Indeed.......

View attachment 897536

I have one in my cart also but have not completed the sale yet.
Still not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know I'm going to cave in on this too. Just cant resist, never mind I've already purchased a Timeless and RR Game Changer this week!!!!

Would love some reports though, after your first shave(s).

I would be grateful if any of the owners would make a photo with a blade in a razor.
I want to see exposure of the blade.
Like this:
proxy.php

Yep, 12:25 pm I clicked on "complete purchase."
Kind of hoping they were sold out.
Who am I kidding? Small price to pay to help out a company that makes great razors!

Shane said that the dart is a notch less aggressive than the blackbird.

This is why I haven’t bought one (yet). Shane rates this as milder than the Blackbird, which is a tremendous razor on my face. He also rates the Sabre L2 as milder than the Blackbird, which is true based on my experience. I trust his judgment, and that he’s covering a large market with varying needs. I need more “aggressive,” and appreciate that he’s willing to tell us which razors are less “aggressive.”

This is why I haven’t bought one (yet). Shane rates this as milder than the Blackbird, which is a tremendous razor on my face. He also rates the Sabre L2 as milder than the Blackbird, which is true based on my experience. I trust his judgment, and that he’s covering a large market with varying needs. I need more “aggressive,” and appreciate that he’s willing to tell us which razors are less “aggressive.”
Me too, I don't have either razor, but if I end up buying one it'll be the blackbird. Plus, it's probably the most beautiful razor I've ever seen.
Just to add one to my previous statement, it's milder than the blackbird, but it's still an efficient razor according to Shane.

Me too, I don't have either razor, but if I end up buying one it'll be the blackbird. Plus, it's probably the most beautiful razor I've ever seen.
Just to add one to my previous statement, it's milder than the blackbird, but it's still an efficient razor according to Shane.

The Blackbird open comb is one of my handful of favorite razors. If your face is at all like mine, you’ll love the Blackbird.

Just got my Blackbird OC today---WOW is all I can say

Congrats on the Blackland OC. An extremely well made and revered razor that brings it. :thumbsup:

The Blackbird open comb is one of my handful of favorite razors. If your face is at all like mine, you’ll love the Blackbird.

You know amigo, we both have similar tastes with what we’re looking for in a razor in terms of blade feel and efficiency/aggressiveness. And the Blackbird OC has a stout following and is regarded as one of the most efficient razors in the business. So why haven’t I pulled the trigger on one? I just can’t get around the design form with it’s angular cuts and formations. Aesthetically I prefer and lean towards a more fluid and natural razor design. Though I’ve tried the Blackbird in the SB configuration (my brother owns one) and it’s an amazing performer, I just could not warm up to it. A shame because it truly is unique with its looks and design cue’s from the ‘60’s designed SR-71 “Blackbird”.

Maybe I’ll just keep looking at it and warm up to it someday. Or, I can go on down to my favorite local Irish Pub, down a few pints and say “hell with it” and put it in the cart. Hmmm? I’m definitely heading down to the pub. :a8:

View attachment 897536
It's medium aggressive even with an Astra SP.

Congrats on the Blackland OC. An extremely well made and revered razor that brings it. :thumbsup:
Thanks I've been wanting it for a while but it was out of stock.. Also was lucky enough to pick up a charcoal goods this week.. My other razors will watch for a while

Top Bottom