What's new

I just bought some really ugly sandals

My Red Wing flip flops finally bit the dust after 3 years, I managed to wear out the cloth foot bed.

I went to the local out let mall today hoping to purchase a replacement pair because I found out that like many companies who make a great product, Red Wing has discontinued that flip flop. :mad3: The out let store had size 7 and 13 in stock. So the hunt begins. I searched the mall for a pair of sandals that would fit me. I have *ahem* very wide feet. I didn't have any luck. On the way home I decided to stop by REI and see what they had in stock.

I found these not so nice looking sandals that just so happen to fit my feet and they feel great! They were on sale and I had a 20% off coupon so I got them pretty reasonably.

They ain't pretty but the feel pretty nice.

proxy.php

Ok, man, those are some ugly sandals. On the plus side, it looks like if they get dirty you can just hose them off. :a49:

Chacos are the most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet. They last forever and have considerably better arch support than any other sandal.
5 years from now when you are still wearing them you wont think they're so ugly.

I've heard great things about them re: comfort and durability but yeah, they're ugly as sin. Call them Tevas for a new century.

I found these not so nice looking sandals that just so happen to fit my feet and they feel great! They were on sale and I had a 20% off coupon so I got them pretty reasonably.

They ain't pretty but the feel pretty nice.

Ah, those aren't so ugly. I love my pair. You want ugly, those "platform flip-flops" that women were wearing a few years ago -- those were ugly flip-flops.

Chacos are the most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet. They last forever and have considerably better arch support than any other sandal.
5 years from now when you are still wearing them you wont think they're so ugly.

I took my old pair hiking in Coyote Gulch (Southern Utah) and was really pleased with how they behaved down in the river/canyon. Naturally for the approach and the exit we used real hiking boots, but the Chacos were golden in the water.

That's the Chaco Unaweep.

Hate to disagree, but I don't think they're ugly. Those were the only quality sandals I could find that weren't laden with a bunch of unnecessary frills, straps, decorative strips, etc. They're simple, utilitarian and extremely comfortable and durable.

I used to wear Tevas, but they got more and more complicated with each passing year. I don't want to unbuckle, unzip and unsnap six different fasteners to take them off and I'm not preparing for an ironman, a solo run across the Sierra Nevadas or anything of the sort. I just want durable sandals to wander around in and are comfortable for a 5-10 mile walk if I want to.

Anyhow, you have made an excellent choice. These do break in a little and get more comfortable after a few weeks. Because they're all synthetic, they're easy to clean. I drop them in the bathtub with a little soap and baking soda, then let them soak overnight. I'll put them out in the sun to dry for the day after. Keeps them clean and smelling good. Enjoy them!

I think they look fine Shawn, and Chacos are super comfortable. I think you could have done worse by far.

Chacos ain't for pretty boys -- they are workhorses for the outdoors. I have flips and the Z1s and you can't kill them.
You can also have them resoled and restrapped if things get worn out. They have a great customer service dept.
You made a great buy and you'll get a ton of mileage out of them.

My wife commented that they aren't as ugly as Birkenstock's. :lol::lol:

I wear Birkenstock professional clogs at work and they are super comfortable. Not something that I would wear anywhere other then work though.

A couple of things really sold me on them, they come in wide and they are approved by the American Podiatric Association.

If they continue to be as comfortable as they are now, or get even more comfortable I'll wear them all the time when I'm in shorts.

I didn't realize that I can get them re-soled or re-strapped. That is an even bigger plus in my book.

Ohhh, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Kidding, those aren't bad at all...unless you plan on wear socks

Just dont put your feet in peoples faces and you will be fine.As long as your feet are comfortable who cares.At my age its comfort not looks.:001_cool:

Love my Chacos. Many folks use them hiking too. They are very comfortable with awesome arch support. An excellent sandal.

Not sure your sandals are so ugly....

This is what I wear. Function before fashion is my thing, and these are so comfy and functional.

proxy.php

Ohhh, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Kidding, those aren't bad at all...unless you plan on wear socks

No. Just no.

Chacos are great, and a plain black pair is always good to have. I have been looking into them as well.

Check the Chacos web site, they have a pretty large selection.

Just dont put your feet in peoples faces and you will be fine.As long as your feet are comfortable who cares. At my age its comfort not looks.:001_cool:

I've been that way for a long time.

Not sure your sandals are so ugly....

This is what I wear. Function before fashion is my thing, and these are so comfy and functional.

proxy.php

I like Keen sandals. I really like the anti-microbial foot bed :thumbup1:

Top Bottom