What's new

I just bought my dream watch

After the drama with the Tissot I thought that it was about time I got myself the watch I've wanted for a while now. The IWC GST range was superseded by the Portugese range so they have now become more affordable (if you can say that an IWC perpetual calendar is affordable). Anyway after negotiating with Gray and Sons for quite sometime, we finally reached an agreement this morning and the watch has been bought. Now comes the wait until it arrives. I'd better get myself a watch winder for the rare occassions when it won't be on my wrist.

proxy.php

After the drama with the Tissot I thought that it was about time I got myself the watch I've wanted for a while now. The IWC GST range was superseded by the Portugese range so they have now become more affordable (if you can say that an IWC perpetual calendar is affordable). Anyway after negotiating with Gray and Sons for quite sometime, we finally reached an agreement this morning and the watch has been bought. Now comes the wait until it arrives. I'd better get myself a watch winder for the rare occassions when it won't be on my wrist.

proxy.php

That is a fantastic watch- my hearty congratulations and may you wear it for many years in good health. One note though...... I am a huge IWC fan and was actually in the factory yesterday speaking with some people about a watch- the GST (Gold, Steel, Titanium) line was simply discontinued and not superseded by the Portuguese line. The Perpetual Calendar module which is used in the GST was designed by Kurt Klaus and was originally implemented in the DaVinci.

Very nice watch. A perpetual calender is certainly a nice complication. No more changing the date (well, you might have to change it once if you live past 200 years). IWC is a nice company and has a nice history too. What they did to help the German watch industry is amazing, especially when you consider they are actually Swiss.

Yes a beautiful watch indeed. Just a friendly piece of advice. Put a small amount of money away from each paycheck because in about 3 years when you need to have an overhaul the price will sweep you off your feet.

That is a fantastic watch- my hearty congratulations and may you wear it for many years in good health. One note though...... I am a huge IWC fan and was actually in the factory yesterday speaking with some people about a watch- the GST (Gold, Steel, Titanium) line was simply discontinued and not superseded by the Portuguese line. The Perpetual Calendar module which is used in the GST was designed by Kurt Klaus and was originally implemented in the DaVinci.

Wow, you were in the factory? How did you manage that? Thanks for the info on the GST. As I was typing my post I thought that I should read up more on it.

Nice choice, a winder is a necessity when you get into automatics. I would recommend at least a four bay though. As with Razors once you start you can’t stop with just one.:thumbup1::o16:

im quite envious, IWC is one of the best watch makers in its class, its a piece of engnieering beauty and i hope you enjoy it in good health,

Top Bottom