What's new

I just bought Mennen's Skin Bracer and Aqua Velva Musk After Shave and Cologne (2-in-1).

Skin Bracer? Aqua Velva? Pinaud Clubman? Aqua Velva Musk?

That’s a Classic American line up. Is this list complete without adding some Brut? :)
I already have some "Brut" splash-on. I'm a 67-year-old fart, so... Today I bought another 3.5-ounce bottle of Aqua Velva "Musk" and one more 7-ounce bottle of Ice Blue Aqua Velva. (14 ounces of AV and 7 ounces of AV "Musk" should last a while).

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I already have some "Brut" splash-on. I'm a 67-year-old fart, so... Today I bought another 3.5-ounce bottle of Aqua Velva "Musk" and one more 7-ounce bottle of Ice Blue Aqua Velva. (14 ounces of AV and 7 ounces of AV "Musk" should last a while).

I like keeping all of my American Classic aftershaves in their vintage glass bottles.

The AV Musk was the hardest to track down. :)

823DBDB9-507A-4524-8022-F10B1682C252.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Nice ones - I'm the same way, mine aren't as nice - and I am still looking to replace the Murray & Lanham Florida Water with glass .. best find was the Osage Rub glass bottle ..

View attachment 1511739

That smaller Osage Rub bottle is a nice find! I have passed up many of the barber sized bottles looking for just the size you have. I need to get my hands on a full size PSR also.

I have the M&L FW, you should be able to find one online fairly easily. :)

FD354595-D1AF-47B2-9B32-C02CC3BBDDE1.jpeg

I like keeping all of my American Classic aftershaves in their vintage glass bottles.

The AV Musk was the hardest to track down. :)

View attachment 1511724
Some of those brings back childhood memories. First one I got was Old Spice for a Christmas gift. And then another Christmas, British Stirling. I wasn't old enough to shave, but Sunday mornings offered the best time to wear them, since I was dressed up for church. English Leather is the most sentimental. After my father died, there was a bottle left on my father's dresser--practically brand new. I asked my mother if I could have it, and she said yes. I loved that scent. ... The first Stirling soap with matching splash I bought was British Leather, a supposed replica. But I could barely smell the notes of English Leather; it was all drowned out with smoke. It was quite disappointing.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Some of those brings back childhood memories. First one I got was Old Spice for a Christmas gift. And then another Christmas, British Stirling. I wasn't old enough to shave, but Sunday mornings offered the best time to wear them, since I was dressed up for church. English Leather is the most sentimental. After my father died, there was a bottle left on my father's dresser--practically brand new. I asked my mother if I could have it, and she said yes. I loved that scent. ... The first Stirling soap with matching splash I bought was British Leather, a supposed replica. But I could barely smell the notes of English Leather; it was all drowned out with smoke. It was quite disappointing.

Yes, memories can be carried by many things, tastes or scents especially. The English Leather bottle I pictured is a recent nos, found after I finally used up the bottle I purchased circa 1966 to impress a girl I knew then ..

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Vintage MEM splashes English Leather and British Sterling are great in cold weather. :)
British Sterling is the first scent I remember spending my own money on. Remember it like yesterday.

Edit: and @garyg : there might have been a girl involved, and I couldn't have been old enough to drive, lol. Thinkin' I was a young Bond, James Bond!

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, we used to drive earlier down south in Ahia ... everything from that age - cars, songs, girls (not in that order necessarily) gets firmly enough imprinted to still recall her father eying the red rag I used for a gas cap after I left the original somewhere ..

Yeah, one has to be judicious with the AV Musk. That stuff goes on strong and stays big time. A little too much and people will begin looking at you like you're an Ox. :lol:

Top Bottom