What's new

I just bought GSBs for $11.88 per hundred

That's an easy enough to follow rule, but ... what's the logic? Why's it OK to link a buy it now and not an auction?

To those purchasing the GSBs - these are in fact NOS, not brand new GSBs. Whether that matters, is up to the individual. These are pre the design changes. I like 'em this way - double wrapper etc.
I wouldn’t even know they’re NOS as I was unaware that Gillette changed the design. As long as they shave like the GSBs I have in my den, I’ll be fine with them.

According to the tracking number, I should have my blades by Friday.

That's an easy enough to follow rule, but ... what's the logic? Why's it OK to link a buy it now and not an auction?

Because it increases attention to an auction that current bidders may not have wanted additional attention raised towards and jacks up the high bid.

I wouldn’t even know they’re NOS as I was unaware that Gillette changed the design. As long as they shave like the GSBs I have in my den, I’ll be fine with them.

According to the tracking number, I should have my blades by Friday.
`
No worries, blades are exactly the same in all GSBs. Some aspects of the packaging have changed a tad in the last year or two. These NOS ones have the nice double wrapper, which I really like. Not that many blades have that anymore.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
My first time trying clams on the half shell was in Sheepshead Bay. What was the name of that famous restaurant?

first time for stuffed clams was at the Oak Beach Inn.
Lundies?
Right off Austin Blvd? I believe I’ve been there. Great place! Remember Speaks? I used to go to that club a lot.
I miss that area and those days. Simpler times for sure.
I've been to speaks many times, 40 years ago, great memories, well what I can remember lol. 😁

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
My first time trying clams on the half shell was in Sheepshead Bay. What was the name of that famous restaurant?

first time for stuffed clams was at the Oak Beach Inn.

Lundy's Restaurant? I lived in Brighton beach, and have been to "the bay", as we called it, many times, and would also go fishing on The Amberjack.

To those wondering about the blades: I got a very clean shave with one of these GSBs this morning in a German 37 slant. These blades seem totally normal; there's nothing wrong with them. They appear to be NOS, with clear printing in black ink, two layers of wax paper, four blobs of gel, all packaging consistent with GSBs of the last few years. There's a faint smell of machine oil. Exactly what you would expect and a good deal at this price.

I wonder why they are so cheap now. They used to cost at least twice for 100 on ebay.
They still cost twice as much at most
Places.
But this seller has always sold his for
About half the price of at least 75% of
The other sellers across the internet in
General..and he's been doing it for years
And I mean more than just a couple.

I wonder why they are so cheap now. They used to cost at least twice for 100 on ebay.
If you look on Amazon, you will find the prices have come down there, as well. $14-16 which is not too far off the ebay seller's price, when you consider Amazon has to take their cut. It is not just one seller.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Do you remember Hammerheads in Baldwin and their other location in Levittown?

I remember the name, but don't think I've ever been there. I remember another one named Beggars Opera, I think it was on Jamaica ave in Queens village.

I remember the name, but don't think I've ever been there. I remember another one named Beggars Opera, I think it was on Jamaica ave in Queens village.
Beggar’s Opera? I went there a couple of times. I think I saw Tommy James play there in 1977.

Top Bottom