What's new

I Juan to buy another Razor today but, bought this instead :

Hi all,

I actually did find a Razor today (Flea Market) however, I decided not to purchase.

On the other Hand, I HAD to purchase this item for one dollar just because, I thought it too cool :

proxy.php

I now have placed this pack of Blades on the top shelve/center of my Medicine Cabinet flanked by a half dozen vintage Razors.

I also have a few of these wrapped blades :

proxy.php

Pray tell, what are your favorite "collectable" favorite Blades ?

SixCats!

@Earcutter , Hi EC, yea, I too thought that "Don Juan" Box of Blades so cool I could not resist buying.
I just did a quick "Google Image" search and my God, there are soooooo many unique/cool Art Blades/Boxes.
I mean, come on, "Popeye", Micky Mouse, Marlin (fire arms). I think if the price is right, I'll have to purchase more of this Historical Art work Blades.

SixCats!

@Earcutter , Hi EC, yea, I too thought that "Don Juan" Box of Blades so cool I could not resist buying.
I just did a quick "Google Image" search and my God, there are soooooo many unique/cool Art Blades/Boxes.
I mean, come on, "Popeye", Micky Mouse, Marlin (fire arms). I think if the price is right, I'll have to purchase more of this Historical Art work Blades.

SixCats!
eBay is your huckleberry me thinks. But if you find another source, I’m all ears!

@Earcutter ,

EC, the "RUSH" for me is the "Thrill of the Hunt". That is to say, searching Flea Markets, Yard Sales, Thrift Shops, Antiques Shops, etc. for vintage Razors. I especially love it when I find a near pristine condition Razor on the cheap. Sure, I may have to one day break down and purchase my "Holy Grail" Razor on some Web site however, it just won't be the same (as physically hunting one down) at the likes of the aforementioned places. I recently found five fantastic condition vintage Razors and spent a grand total of thirty six dollars!

SixCats!

@Earcutter ,

EC, the "RUSH" for me is the "Thrill of the Hunt". That is to say, searching Flea Markets, Yard Sales, Thrift Shops, Antiques Shops, etc. for vintage Razors. I especially love it when I find a near pristine condition Razor on the cheap. Sure, I may have to one day break down and purchase my "Holy Grail" Razor on some Web site however, it just won't be the same (as physically hunting one down) at the likes of the aforementioned places. I recently found five fantastic condition vintage Razors and spent a grand total of thirty six dollars!

SixCats!
That’s crazy cool! I keep telling myself I need to be more diligent about stopping into all those places you mentioned, but I always forget! Next week I’m on a mission lol!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Cool graphics on the packaging. Maybe you could have a look at the Vintage Blade Collectors Club in the Safety Razor Blades forum. That might be the club for you.:001_smile

@Earcutter , @ajkel64 ,

Hi Guys. EC, yes indeed, one has to be very diligent (and/or) very lucky when seeking (whatever items) in this case Razors. Granted, I admit that I am truly obsessed (off the deep end) at this time searching for Razors and I've driven a very large area (hundreds of miles) to feed my hunger. Working in my favor is that, I'm now retired, so I have lots of extra time to hunt down Razors (which I immensely enjoy doing). This being said EC, I would highly suggest you do visit your local Shops and visit them often (which is very key). I want to hear back from you when you score your first Razor! Happy hunting! ajkel, Ha, vintage Blade Collectors Club eh ? Thanks for that "Heads up". I will check it out for sure.

SixCats!

Top Bottom