What's new

I Inherited 3 razors today

My Godfather passed away last night. He was like a second father to me. My Dad , who is still living has been best friends with him since they were both 4 years old. They are both 74 now , so they had a friendship for 70 years. I went to his apartment today and found some shaving items that belonged to my Godfather and his Father who had passed on about 15 years ago. One od the razors looks to me like it is a 1956 Diplomat. I also found 2 black handled superspeeds from the 70's. I also picked up some different aftershaves , like Tabac and Caswell Massey cologne water. I also have a blade dispenser of Gellette extra blue blades with blades still inside. I was talking to my Godfather a couple of weeks ago about my old school wet shaving hobby. He told me his Father always used nothing but Gillette blades. I will miss my Godfather very much. His parents came here from Italy and settled in Brooklyn and remained there. Even though my family moved to PA , My Godfather and our family remained very close . He and my Father remained very close and called eachother brother. My Godfather was a true gentleman. I will post photos as soon as I can. I cleaned all the razors up and the diplomat looks like new again. I am really thinking I am going to use the diplomat for my own shaves..

What a lucky man you are and what a lucky man your father is to have a friend for 70 years. Use that Diplomat well.

Sorry to hear about your loss, But your God Father Sounds like an Awesome Guy, Glad you have some good memories of him and some of his dads and his belonging to keep you looking clean for many years to come, Enjoy those Razors and cant wait for some good pics :eek:)

Sorry to hear of the passing of your Godfather...
Everytime you use his razors you will be reminded of him...I think thats great

Sorry for your loss. Now you have something that reminds you every morning to that fine gentleman.

Sorry for your loss.

I lost my Dad last year and I found his gold plated Gillette Tech from sometime in the 1940's that he had used all his life. I contacted Sebastian from Razor Emporium and asked him to restore my Dad's razor which had been to Hell & back - in those days guys usually only had one razor. I received it back about a month later and it looks almost new again. He did an amazing job of restoring and gold plating it for me. I use it every week along with his brush that I had Rudy restore. I hope to pass it down to my son who is also a wet & D/E shaver - hopefully a long time from now.

D/E Bob

Paul, sorry for your loss. Its bad when good people pass away. I know you said you was talking to him a few weeks ago, and now he is gone. I had a similar situation this year with my aunt, i talked to her in Christmas and few months later she passed away. I am glad that you you will have lifetime heirlooms that will be with you til you pass it on to your next generation. Pics when possible of the Diplo.

Paul, sorry for your loss. Its bad when good people pass away. I know you said you was talking to him a few weeks ago, and now he is gone. I had a similar situation this year with my aunt, i talked to her in Christmas and few months later she passed away. I am glad that you you will have lifetime heirlooms that will be with you til you pass it on to your next generation. Pics when possible of the Diplo.

Thank you Alex , I have not gotten pics of the diplomat up yet , but I shined it up and it looks like new.I will get some photos up by the weekend. I actually was in the hospital in NY visiting him a few hours before he passed. I am convinced he waited for my Dad and I to visit him one more time before he allowed himself to pass.

Top Bottom