What's new

I hope one of us didn't get this expecting a fatboy.

Here are the messages that I sent to him and the ones that I recieved.

Dear sterling,

if your not bidding on the item please dont contact anymore, i know the item i am posting and i am not interested in what you have to say. there is no mistake with my posting. dont message back. thank you

- skylasstore Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: skylasstore
Subject: Re: Details about item: sterling sent a message about VIVTAGE! GILLETTE SAFETY RAZOR! COLLECTABLE ! K 3 LQQK #120664508682
Sent Date: Jan-01-11 20:06:37 PST

Dear skylasstore,

The first 2 pictures are of a fatboy, which was not manufacturd in 1965 which would be the year the razor you are selling was manufactured in with its K3 date code. The last 2 pictures are of a slim adjustable, which is probly the razor with the k3 datecode. You are either intentionally trying to inflate your sell price by misrepresenting your product, or you made an honest mistake. I will not be bidding on this item so could care less which it is, but if the person that buys it thinks he/she is getting a fatboy and a slim shows up instead they cetainly will care.

- sterling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: sterling
Subject: Re: Details about item: sterling sent a message about VIVTAGE! GILLETTE SAFETY RAZOR! COLLECTABLE ! K 3 LQQK #120664508682
Sent Date: Jan-01-11 19:31:25 PST

Dear sterling,

no,i insure you all pictures are the same razor,an the auction is for 1950's VIVTAGE! GILLETTE SAFETY RAZOR!K 3!K3!K3!
thank you.

- skylasstore

To: skylasstore
Subject: Details about item: sterling sent a message about VIVTAGE! GILLETTE SAFETY RAZOR! COLLECTABLE ! K 3 LQQK #120664508682
Sent Date: Jan-01-11 19:08:45 PST

Dear skylasstore,

You are showing 2 different razorsw in your pictures, which one is this auction for?

- sterling

Last edited:
Looks like all Fatboy to me.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty easy to see that it is a slim.He doesn't call it a fatboy. you shouldn't call someone dishonest when you don't know the difference between a slim and a fatboy.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
The last one is of a Slim for sure look at the adjustable knob. The pictures are of poor quality but there is definitely two different razors. Some sellers will be what they will be. I have only had one response like you received. Most sellers are more than happy to listen if you can give them facts and link them to a correct picture.

Hey you tried.

It's pretty easy to see that it is a slim.He doesn't call it a fatboy. you shouldn't call someone dishonest when you don't know the difference between a slim and a fatboy.

The first 2 pictures are clearly fatboys if you look at the adjuster knob and the TTO knob, the last picture is clearly a slim. The 3rd appears to be a slim to me, but I can't be positive. The first picture is the one that shows up when you are looking at thumbnails so someone that isn't paying attention could think they are getting the fatboy that is shown, and looking at the price that it sold for, that probably is the case. I imagine there is going to be one hacked off buyer out there.

I wouldn't even begin to call myself a razor-identification expert, but some of you seem to know your stuff.

If there is this much confustion amongst you guys, then it really isn't clear.

I would think that this seller is doing themselves an injustice by not posting clear pictures, and it should have ended in a low selling price. That's usually the penalty for poor advertisements on Ebay.

He sold a fatboy (an E3) on Dec. 18 and sold the "K3" on Jan. 2. He only got $2 more for the fatboy. There were four pics for each auction. No pic was used twice. The pics are crappy, but it looks to me like each set of 4 depicted a single razor. He knows what a fatboy is, and he didn't try to label the K3 as a fatboy.

For what it is worth, the buyers of both the slim and the FB posted positive feedback . . . the seller is up to seven!

His pictures left little lot to be desired in both clarity and color balance . . . and he failed to use the Zoom feature on his razor listings so one could not look too closely. Titles like that do not make me want to LQQK, let alone buy!

Personally, I wouldn't bid with so many red flags flying!

If there is a problem, Ebay's dispute resolution should take care of it.
I've had issues with auctions where the seller misrepresented an item.
Usually if you tell the seller you are going to file a dispute based on misrepresenting the item, you should see some action.

Save the auctions or at least the pictures so you have something to support your claim.

The seller has changed his name to hustlenbux and has just received negative feedback for not delivering an item. Thats the last I'm going to say about it.

I have no vested interest in him or his items, I was just looking to give the community the heads up on something that seemed shady to me.

Top Bottom