What's new

I hope I am not developing R.A.D. (I know what that is).

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve never heard of anyone going wrong with PAA’s brushes and they’re certainly priced right. The craving to try all the new fiber types (and they get even better every year or so) and maybe an uncommon or utterly unique handle and/or fibers from rare animals (high mountain badger, sober mountain badger, relapsed mountain badger, otter eyelashes, kodiak tummy, Tasmanian tiger tufts, etcetera) does exist.

Man, am I glad I ain't like you guys, although I enjoy reading about your purchases, and discoveries. I love all things DE, but WILL NOT be going down the rabbit hole anytime soon. I have a great razor(Parker91R). Found great blades(German Wilkies) that work on my face, and I can get them on the cheap($1.19/tuck). Have an Omega boar brush, a stand for my razor, shave bowl(from kitchen), and blades, cork, a toothbrush to clean the razor. I buy one tube of cream at a time. Blades I keep in a little tin that the wife gave me, along with my old VDH razor. She knows about everything I have. She knows that I am happy with what I have. She bought me the Parker, and the stand for my b-day back in November, when I turned 65. She was in the store when I was drooling over this razor, but I didn't buy. I went there to pick up some blades to try. She went back, and Mark at the store(Q Brothers) remembered her, helped her out with the purchase. Doesn't get any better than that...

How do I explain to my wife if the razor and soap were to look 'different' each morning?
offensive
- the offer was very favorable and I was the fastest / the best. (be proud of me)
- have I received for trial from a forum colleague, will be forwarded. (mostly high truth content - after the comma)

clueless
- Change? What change?
- razor is razor - I don't know what you mean....

stoically
- new? my razor just.
- The soaps change, the razor too.

relativizing
- something new? it's ancient! (great if bought used --> Progress)
- Expensive? Your cream costs 10 times as much.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
offensive
- the offer was very favorable and I was the fastest / the best. (be proud of me)
- have I received for trial from a forum colleague, will be forwarded. (mostly high truth content - after the comma)

clueless
- Change? What change?
- razor is razor - I don't know what you mean....

stoically
- new? my razor just.
- The soaps change, the razor too.

relativizing
- something new? it's ancient! (great if bought used --> Progress)
- Expensive? Your cream costs 10 times as much.
Best post of the day!

I’ll add: just deny everything.
Suggested dialogue: “what? This old thing? No I’ve had this.”

Top Bottom