What's new

I have some straights to give away

Hello,

I sold one razor recently and can't post these free razors in the BST so here they are.

Before anyone gets too excited, I have to say that these are projects I never completed and I see them as practice blades for honing or other work (grinding, polishing, etc.)

I will send them for free. Since my PM is almost maxed, please just post in this thread with what you want. It would be nice if they don't go to the same person, but if there is no interest, I'd be open to sending to the same person. Would be easier for me, actually...

Starting from left:
  • vintage Thiers-Issard wedge w/ worked back and box: atrocious hone wear, as can be seen, especially on the shoulders. This would be a wedge honing practice blade. You could reuse the scales, too
  • Small 'stache frameback - this can be used to practice polishing / blade restoration treatments. Has the Jewish star on the tang, might be interesting to a collector as is
  • Old English wedge - James Barlow I think. The scales are in great condition, and can be used to restore another blade. The blade itself has cosmetic issues but can surely be restored, or even just honed and used as is. I believe this one can be a great user. nice heft, and the shape of the blade is very appealing to me
  • Simmons Hardware hollow grind worked back with engraved blade "The Pearl of Razors" - this is the gem in the lot to me. Has real MOP scales but as seen - unfortunately a piece is broken. One can use the scales for inlays in new scales. Or one can try to fix by using a thin metal or wood liner. The blade itself has pitting, but Simmons is known for great shavers - so I believe that if you don't mind the pitting this blade can give years of outstanding shaves, after some work, of course

Please indicate what you want here in the thread. I'll leave things for a few days in case the first poster wants all, as I'd prefer to have more people get a chance to play :thumbup1: But the first comers will have their choice.

Cheers
Ivo

I've been looking for the right frame back for a while. I'm interested if it's availabl . Or if any of the others fall through...

it doesn't realy matter wich blade i get because it will be my first! but i really like the old english wedge! it's a very generous offer!

Too late... though I would love anything to practice honing on (and particularly was looking at the Old English Wedge, but I see I'm about fifth in line at this point!)

Really nice of you to offer!

Hello Gentlemen,

From the thread, what we have is:
llalm for Simmons MOP
Winchester for TI
Silverirae for the English wedge (if change of mind - then penned gets it)
penned - responded fourth asking for the wedge but at this time only the frameback was not claimed. Penned can choose to take it
If penned does not want the frameback, then it goes to Chaloney, who wanted it.

I need to hear from Silverirae and penned:
1) Does Silverirae still want the wedge and if so, please pm me mailing address
2) Does penned want the frameback - if so, please pm me mailing address

Thank you
Ivo

I would have loved the TI, but is taken :(

If Silverrirae does not go for the Wedge (if there is no one before me) I would take it from you for proper disposition.

Very generous BTW

Top Bottom