What's new

I have now officially returned! Nice to be back!

Greetings all!

Just wishing to officially announce my return to wet shaving. The bathroom is coming on nicely; it is still incomplete but it is useable and we are slowly getting there!

I have bought a cheap stand mirror while the cabinets and sinks are are awaiting being fitted. That means I have to shave in the shower and for that reason I won't be using my Sledgehammer until the bathroom is FULLY complete. Instead I got myself some Gillette Sensor3 disposable razors which will do the job until the bathroom is fully complete!

I am sure a lot of you have missed me very much so here I am! Nice to be back

Jason.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Greetings all!

Just wishing to officially announce my return to wet shaving. The bathroom is coming on nicely; it is still incomplete but it is useable and we are slowly getting there!

I have bought a cheap stand mirror while the cabinets and sinks are are awaiting being fitted. That means I have to shave in the shower and for that reason I won't be using my Sledgehammer until the bathroom is FULLY complete. Instead I got myself some Gillette Sensor3 disposable razors which will do the job until the bathroom is fully complete!

I am sure a lot of you have missed me very much so here I am! Nice to be back

Jason.

Welcome back to wet shaving! You know, somebody has to come up with an idea for a permanent mounted mirror for the shower, I mean how cool would that be? You will be able to wash your hair in the same shave soap you use to shave with. You start out mountain man, come out of the shower a new man, shaved and presentable. Yes sir!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
The bathroom is coming on nicely; it is still incomplete but it is useable and we are slowly getting there!

Welcome back, my friend! Oh, I feel your pain, I do. I have not actually shaved in the Lather Pit since last July. Mrs. Hippie has been graceful enough to allow me to use her bathroom. You may imagine that my housekeeping skills are well on display in there. I clean the sink, mirror and countertop after every shave.

Just yesterday a couple of lads drove out an hour from town to put in the counter. "Do you have the sink?" I was asked.

Hmmm. Well, no. I picked one out, it should be on the work order, and I'm guessing it's still back at the shop. So the lads drove an hour back to town and an hour back out to the farm and put the sink in. :) The new counter top is about two inches higher than the old one. That's good -- I always get a sore back from bending over to get my hands into most sinks. (I'm not really that tall; I have a bad back.)

Then they asked about the plumbing, but I've got that covered. So it's also moving.

Sheesh. We almost need a separate gripe forum for those of us caught up in Renovation Hell.

O.H.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome back, my friend! Oh, I feel your pain, I do. I have not actually shaved in the Lather Pit since last July. Mrs. Hippie has been graceful enough to allow me to use her bathroom. You may imagine that my housekeeping skills are well on display in there. I clean the sink, mirror and countertop after every shave.

Just yesterday a couple of lads drove out an hour from town to put in the counter. "Do you have the sink?" I was asked.

Hmmm. Well, no. I picked one out, it should be on the work order, and I'm guessing it's still back at the shop. So the lads drove an hour back to town and an hour back out to the farm and put the sink in. :) The new counter top is about two inches higher than the old one. That's good -- I always get a sore back from bending over to get my hands into most sinks. (I'm not really that tall; I have a bad back.)

Then they asked about the plumbing, but I've got that covered. So it's also moving.

Sheesh. We almost need a separate gripe forum for those of us caught up in Renovation Hell.

O.H.
Yes, we are in the "everything we try to fix is attached to something else that needs fixing" phase. Nobody told me this phase was neverending though doggone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
1652986887282.jpeg

Welcome back, @JasonJT !

Thanks for all your kind comments!

As soon as the sink and bathroom cabinets are fitted I will return to using the Sledgehammer. Promise.

Just hope Gillette Nacet blades are still available!

Jason.
You shall be supplied, may your Nacets be plentiful!

In other words, collectively we probably have 10k of them on here. Nobody wants to see somebody else do without, I hope.

Top Bottom