What's new

I have now officially returned! Nice to be back!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think in the older houses if you clean too good things start falling apart. Its like the dirt is the glue holding everything together.
There is something to be said for letting an old house "breathe"... I know wrapping an old house in tyvek is not smart, unless you put in an 'air exchanger'...... Heating with wood, I know that I sometimes just open a window to get fresh air in.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I hope you had the foresight to include some hidden storage space in the new cabinets, you never know when you might need to hide a new purchase or three

Welcome back, nothing wrong with using Gillette Sensor 3 carts. Maybe you could show us a photo or two of your newly renovated bathroom when it is finally complete.
That will be done. Still some work to be done but rest assured that will happen.

Jason.

I'll never understand why it takes so long to redo a room. When we got our house the kitchen needed to be completely rebuilt because of water damage. Just my wife and I did it in a few weeks with only afternoon/evenings available. We ran new plumbing and electrical, replaced the joists, subfloor, painted, new flooring, built the cabinets/countertops from scratch and installed them along with the sink and dishwasher. This in a 1940's house with solid brick walls.

A lot of that time was spent waiting because I built our countertops myself from wood. The three countertops were glued up in sections and the glue had to cure enough for the next glue up. I had to fit the countertop to the undermount farm sink, stain the wood, and then spend many days sealing them again against water.

I consider myself a talented amateur. If I can do it with just my wife shouldn't a crew of pros knock it out much quicker?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'll never understand why it takes so long to redo a room. When we got our house the kitchen needed to be completely rebuilt because of water damage. Just my wife and I did it in a few weeks with only afternoon/evenings available. We ran new plumbing and electrical, replaced the joists, subfloor, painted, new flooring, built the cabinets/countertops from scratch and installed them along with the sink and dishwasher. This in a 1940's house with solid brick walls.

A lot of that time was spent waiting because I built our countertops myself from wood. The three countertops were glued up in sections and the glue had to cure enough for the next glue up. I had to fit the countertop to the undermount farm sink, stain the wood, and then spend many days sealing them again against water.

I consider myself a talented amateur. If I can do it with just my wife shouldn't a crew of pros knock it out much quicker?
Yes, they should. But I'll bet you are better than the common laborer.

It just irks the snot out of me that I can't physically do the work around this house that needs to be done so badly. Lol, and now that I have the money for the work, the contractors are all doing bigger jobs.

This too shall pass.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Yes, they should. But I'll bet you are better than the common laborer.

It just irks the snot out of me that I can't physically do the work around this house that needs to be done so badly. Lol, and now that I have the money for the work, the contractors are all doing bigger jobs.

This too shall pass.
I feel your pain, Dave, I'm in a similar situation!

Top Bottom