What's new

I have found my Spirit Razor

Hi,

I think I have found the one true razor for me. It's a simple Schick "L" type injector.

I've got a small library of razors from a $1 Dollar Store razor and a few other new Cheap, Cheerful Chinese DE razors to a GEM G-Bar and Feathweight to a Fatboy to my Slim Adjustable that I learned to shave with when I was a peach fuzzed teen.

But that L type just shaves so smooth and easily. I'm fast losing interest in my other razors and I'm content with it.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
The Schick L is an awesome razor, and it's beyond nice when you find something that just works perfectly for you!!! Congratulations!!! :thumbup1:

Pics or it didn't count lol. Good to hear either way.
Just for you :):p

Schick L type.jpg

L is all you will ever need it is simply the best... I used to say. Then I discovered the "O"... it is a deeper more satisfying walk. It's like three letters better.

I was kind of looking for an Adjustable version, but after using this razor for a good while now, I just have lost interest in other razors. This one just works so well!

Hi,

Everyone notices my outlets and everyone thinks they are upside down. But every outlet in the house is wired "upside down". :c1:

Truth is, that is the most technically proper way to install them. Ever wonder why you need to give your vacuum cleaner cord a slight twist to plug it in? The factory didn't do it wrong on purpose. So if you think about it, small household appliances with 3-prong plugs are wired to be ground prong up - just like my outlets are wired.

I am told the reasoning is that if something were to fall in between the outlet and a partially inserted plug, the single round ground prong will cause the item to tip to one side and fall out. And you will never know that it prevent something bad from maybe happening.

Or if a toddler where to take say, a butter knife and start wacking on a 3 prong plug. If he gets to start pulling the plug out of the receptical, the only thing he's likely to hit is that ground prong. So baby remains unhurt.

For whatever reason, inspectors don't seem to care much. I do suspect the odds of something going south are pretty slim from not wiring in this fashion. And electricians don't get too bothered about it if the inspector doesn't care.

Flintstone65

Hi,

Everyone notices my outlets and everyone thinks they are upside down. But every outlet in the house is wired "upside down". :c1:

Truth is, that is the most technically proper way to install them. Ever wonder why you need to give your vacuum cleaner cord a slight twist to plug it in? The factory didn't do it wrong on purpose. So if you think about it, small household appliances with 3-prong plugs are wired to be ground prong up - just like my outlets are wired.

I am told the reasoning is that if something were to fall in between the outlet and a partially inserted plug, the single round ground prong will cause the item to tip to one side and fall out. And you will never know that it prevent something bad from maybe happening.

Or if a toddler where to take say, a butter knife and start wacking on a 3 prong plug. If he gets to start pulling the plug out of the receptical, the only thing he's likely to hit is that ground prong. So baby remains unhurt.

For whatever reason, inspectors don't seem to care much. I do suspect the odds of something going south are pretty slim from not wiring in this fashion. And electricians don't get too bothered about it if the inspector doesn't care.
That does make a lot of sense...to me at least. I'll never look at my outlets the same way again. :001_smile

The Type L was my second razor back in my teens and I kept that same one for over 20 years until it got lost. They are one of the best! But then I haven't ever met a Schick that I didn't like.

I really like my L with a "Chick" and have some twin blades on order and will be anxious to try them. I hate to rile up your RAD, but I must say I have two M's and the shave is just a tad better as you can dial it in.

Flintstone65

I wasn't going to say anything to try and tempt/enable you, but @OhioBob is spot-on with the Schick Adjustable (Type M). I have a couple of L's (the L1 and L2 [the Stick Schick]) and they are great shavers (and Bob, I think you're going to really like the twin blades in it....I know I do); but I really like that the M lets me tweak my shave experience depending on hair growth and facial sensitivity. They do tend to be a touch pricier than some Schick models on the secondary market, but I've truly enjoyed mine.

Sorry, I guess we wouldn't be B&B'ers if we didn't try (either consciously or subconsciously) to "stoke the RAD".

I wasn't going to say anything to try and tempt/enable you, but @OhioBob is spot-on with the Schick Adjustable (Type M). I have a couple of L's (the L1 and L2 [the Stick Schick]) and they are great shavers (and Bob, I think you're going to really like the twin blades in it....I know I do); but I really like that the M lets me tweak my shave experience depending on hair growth and facial sensitivity. They do tend to be a touch pricier than some Schick models on the secondary market, but I've truly enjoyed mine.

Sorry, I guess we wouldn't be B&B'ers if we didn't try (either consciously or subconsciously) to "stoke the RAD".
Well, both my M’s cost no more than my L. Found one in local Antique Mall and 2nd on the Bay. Both under $16.00. Just takes patience.

Flintstone65

Well, both my M’s cost no more than my L. Found one in local Antique Mall and 2nd on the Bay. Both under $16.00. Just takes patience.
Patience isn't really a virtue I possess -- especially when it comes to RAD -- but you are quite right, good deals can absolutely be had if you take your time. I'm also envious that you've found one in "the wild". I try to hit every antique mall/shop and flea market possible around here and when I'm travelling, and my success rate is close to zero....and I'm not talking about price or selection, I'm talking about finding a razor.

Patience isn't really a virtue I possess -- especially when it comes to RAD -- but you are quite right, good deals can absolutely be had if you take your time. I'm also envious that you've found one in "the wild". I try to hit every antique mall/shop and flea market possible around here and when I'm travelling, and my success rate is close to zero....and I'm not talking about price or selection, I'm talking about finding a razor.
Patience is not my strong suite either, but persistence has paid off. I have been very lucky at Antique Malls near me as have picked up a total of 7 razors at fairly descent prices. Probably would be better off if only had the online sites to shop, but then I would be liable to pay much more than I did. On the plus side I got instant gratification!

Hi,

Yeah, if an M showed up at a great price, I'd need to buy it for sure. But I'm not actively scouring the bay to find one anymore.

Top Bottom