What's new

I have experienced the Captains Choice Cat O' Nine Tails Burn.

Good day,

I recently ordered a sample of Cat O' Nine Tales from Maggards. No doubt about it, the aftershave was an all out assault on my face. What was displeasing though about the experience wasn't the minute of intense feeling and subtle discomfort that the aftershave had on my face but the obnoxious scent of the product itself. I'm fairly new to Bay Rum however immediately after pouring an amount into my palm I was overtaken with the smell that I found comparable to an industrial, hospital, disinfectant solution scent. The scent was brief, about 45 seconds, however extremely overpowering.

Overall though, my experience with the Cat O' Nine tails was rewarding. Another Bay Rum to add to the list.

What i got from reading the post was a total fall. What I got from the last sentence was: Win. I'm confused.

I agree, tutordennis. In my hand, bay rums smell like wet cardboard. Once on the face, a magical transformation occurs, especially with Co9T.

Yeah. Smells pretty bad from the bottle, but once it dries it transforms into a really nice, sweet, cinnamon/orange/bay scent. And that burn is fabulous.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
It's YMMV I guess . I just got a bottle splashed some on and loved it, nice jolt to start with a pleasant dry down and good staying power.
Just made my top 3 bays.

Top Bottom