What's new

I have crossed to the dark side.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Ladies and Gentleman,

I am almost embarrassed to admit this but here goes. I have a big selection of Gems, A couple of 1912's, I think 5 Micromatics, A Gem JR, an Eveready 1912, and one I would not even know how to shave with.

So yesterday I was in CVS picking up a few items and saw their single edge blades. I thought what the hell those razors are all just sitting in my table den, so I bought a pack.

I went home cleaned up the 1912 and shaved with it. Got up this morning and shaved with it again. I love the darn thing,:001_tt1: I think better than my DE's. I can not wait for my Gem blades to show up from Brian. If I am not careful I will be trying a straight next.:scared:

Luc, Mark, Brian, Jay, don't get any ideas just yet.:ohmy:

I don't think shaving with SE razors constitutes going to the dark side.

They do work really well, though.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't think shaving with SE razors constitutes going to the dark side.

They do work really well, though.

+1

I read the thread title and thought you had gone back to canned goo! :lol:

When you're ready to REALLY shave, give one of those straights a try!!

Man, don't scare us like that. I thought Gillette sent you one of their new mega blade shaving contraptions and you opened it up and they put some hex on you! :lol:

SE's are the bomb though!

I haven't used a DE in months.

I used just my 1912 for a month and a half. That's right ONE razor for 1 1/2 MONTHS because I liked it so much. :thumbup1:

Now I'm back to straights.

Man, don't scare us like that. I thought Gillette sent you one of their new mega blade shaving contraptions and you opened it up and they put some hex on you! :lol:

SE's are the bomb though!

ha ha +1 thought you'd gone back to a 57 blades in one cartridge thingy....:tongue_sm

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
+1

I read the thread title and thought you had gone back to canned goo! :lol:

When you're ready to REALLY shave, give one of those straights a try!!

That was also my first thought...

good work Scott! :thumbup1:

I don't get way into the whole SE craze, but I do have a Gem 1912 that I'd never be without. It's just too nice of a shaver to be rid of, and it's fun to switch it up every once in a while and give the DEs a break. I always feel extra old school when I shave with the 1912.

I don't get way into the whole SE craze, but I do have a Gem 1912 that I'd never be without. It's just too nice of a shaver to be rid of, and it's fun to switch it up every once in a while and give the DEs a break. I always feel extra old school when I shave with the 1912.

I'm not going crazy right? SEs are the new fad on here? I admit I've been swept up into it the past few months (no more DEs left!), but was wondering if I had only been noticing more SE posts simply because I was looking for them.

Anyways, glad you're on-board, Scott!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My first DE razors was a brand new Merkur and a 57' flair tip SS w/case in pretty much mint condition. And while I use them occasionaly, I use an old rough looking GEM 1912 that I picked up at a garage sale for 5 bucks as my go too razor.

The smoothness and closeness just can't be beat. And the sound the razor makes as it chops off my whiskers is quite addicting.

Scott,

Glad you enjoyed your shave. The 1912 is an absolute sweet razor! I love mine, unfortunately I don't shave with it as often as I should.

DL

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Didn't you pick up a straight a little while ago?

Can't leave her alone and unused forever, poor thing :crying:

Actually Rune, I have two. I need to get them honed and polished. But if I did that I might have to use them.:lol:

I love hearing this, I am waiting on some Blades for my recently acquired 1912 Ever-Ready British (I think it is identical to the GEM 1912). I have high hopes :001_tt1:

I favored my Mach 3 over the Future and a few other DE razors. None seemed to work well for me.

Until I tried the GEMS on my shelf (overlooked) ....Much better for me.

But then again I am new to all this here.

Top Bottom