What's new

I have about had it with Dickies

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What the heck has happened to this company? Last fall I bought a quilted jacket, and the pocket busted through in less than a week. I have been wearing cheap khakis, and decided to spring for a pair of Dickies pleated khakis. I have worn them three times, and now they have a pocket blowing out on me. They just haven't been the same since they got in league with Wally World.
$dickies.jpg

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In their defense, just imagine the stress that pocket was subjected to. :tongue_sm

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Will you be returning them or repairing them yourself?
Here is what sucks. They seemed good, so I threw the receipt away. No big deal, Walmart gives in store credits. But then today I noticed, like all new pants any more, that they have a tag so long that, if you don't pay attention, the tag will stick up above the belt if you don't tuck it in. So, I cut the tag out. I am stuck with them.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Here is what sucks. They seemed good, so I threw the receipt away. No big deal, Walmart gives in store credits. But then today I noticed, like all new pants any more, that they have a tag so long that, if you don't pay attention, the tag will stick up above the belt if you don't tuck it in. So, I cut the tag out. I am stuck with them.

Yeah I would have biffed the receipt after a day for clothes as well.
I would check with a tailor to see how much to fix the pocket if you can't do that yourself.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Do not be disheartened about the Dickies brand Owen. Many people do not realize that there is a quality difference of certain lines of clothing at low retail merchandise stores like Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart likes to have big brand name items for sale, in order to attract customers to their store. However, they like to dictate the price they will pay to the name brand manufacturer in order to keep their prices low. This is why you can find Levis and Dickies at cheaper prices there.

So if the brand name supplier wants to do business with Wal-Mart, they have to cheapen up the product to break even or make a profit. For example, the Levis jeans Wal-Mart sells is called their "signature line." These Levis are not the same quality Levis that you would buy at the mall or at say a Tener's Western Outfitters.

The same will be for the Dickies. If you look at the paper label that is attached to the rear pants pocket of a pair of Dickies at Wal-Mart, you will find that the label is of a different shape and smaller than the better quality pants at from a premium department store. Also, the Wal-Mart pants label will read: "Genuine Dickies". These are the cheaper, lower end manufactured pants. The real, quality "Dickies" that you have always known and admired, are just simply called "Dickies" on the label. And can still be found at major or premium clothing retail stores that stock the quality Dickies that you know.

Last edited:
Bummer. Looks like poor QC. Donate to charity and get another pair.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Do not be disheartened about the Dickies brand Owen. Many people do not realize that there is a quality difference of certain lines of clothing at low retail merchandise stores like Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart likes to have big brand name items for sale, in order to attract customers to their store. However, they like to dictate the price they will pay to the name brand manufacturer in order to keep their prices low. This is why you can find Levis and Dickies at cheaper prices there.

So if the brand name supplier wants to do business with Wal-Mart, they have to cheapen up the product to break even or make a profit. For example, the Levis jeans Wal-Mart sells is called their "signature line." These Levis are not the same quality Levis that you would buy at the mall or at say a Tener's Western Outfitters.

The same will be for the Dickies. If you look at the paper label that is attached to the rear pants pocket of a pair of Dickies at Wal-Mart, you will find that the label is of a different shape and smaller than the better quality pants at from a premium department store. Also, the Wal-Mart pants label will read: "Genuine Dickies". These are the cheaper, lower end manufactured pants. The real, quality "Dickies" that you have always known and admired, are just simply called "Dickies" on the label. And can still be found at major or premium clothing retail stores that stock the quality Dickies that you know.
Thanks, I will look into it.

I'm going to agree with OkieStubble and say that it's due to the WalMart connection.

I love to drive past WalMart in order to shop some place else, even if prices are a little higher.

Top Bottom