What's new

I have a pretty awesome buddy

Went out for lunch before he heads back to school, and we ended up at an antique shop. He told me to find something for less than $25 (he wouldn't take no for an answer :001_rolle) So... I'm now the proud owner of a parker pen & pencil set (for less than a brand new stainless jotter, to boot :thumbup1: )

Judging by the print date on the insert, it's a 1979

proxy.php

Very nice gift.

What does he want? Are you going to take care of his dog, or tell all his bill collectors that he's dead?

Seriously, that's quite a good buddy you have there.

He just wanted to get together before he headed back to Oregon. I was his ride to and from highschool senior year, so he just wants to show me how much he appreciates my friendship

Great looking set Tele, Does the inkpen still work? Can you find refills that will fit it? I've passed up some nice looking pen/pencil sets because I don't know much about them and niether did the seller. Anyway congratulations, that was certainly a nice gesture. Most of my old highschool friends would ask for $25 before heading out.:laugh:

jmallen5 said:
Great looking set Tele, Does the inkpen still work? Can you find refills that will fit it? I've passed up some nice looking pen/pencil sets because I don't know much about them and niether did the seller.:laugh:
this one takes the modern jotter refills, $5 for 2 at walmart/staples/etc. :thumbup1:

the pencil takes standard 0.9 lead as well

Anyway congratulations, that was certainly a nice gesture. Most of my old highschool friends would ask for $25 before heading out.:laugh:
my "high school sweetheart" made off with closer to a grand in the long run... :angry:

Thanks for the info. My highschool sweetie has gotten a heck of a lot more from me, because I married her. Count your blessings my friend.:wink2:

Top Bottom