What's new

I hate to say it but...

Thank you HearNoir, that's really helpful. I was a little confused because I've seen other youtube demonstrations that instruct to start with only the guard on the face, handle pointing to the floor, and the lift about 30 degrees toward the cap. But that was a DE razor. I used the SE1 this morning and tried more cap. Very close shave, closer than anything I get with my Merkur 34c or prewar Gem, but I can still feel my face burning an hour later. I'm not going to give up on this razor.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
rabidus was right.

He was right about the NEW SC and MMOC too.

ca820725-e219-4d1f-bf67-a83ceec03304-jpeg.953358

Yes, the Maggard MR3 is almost the heaviest handle they make. And only 3 inches long. I like inertia. And a good grip.

That handle could do double duty as a fist load! Canada Customs might not let them across the border lol.

Thank you HearNoir, that's really helpful. I was a little confused because I've seen other youtube demonstrations that instruct to start with only the guard on the face, handle pointing to the floor, and the lift about 30 degrees toward the cap. But that was a DE razor. I used the SE1 this morning and tried more cap. Very close shave, closer than anything I get with my Merkur 34c or prewar Gem, but I can still feel my face burning an hour later. I'm not going to give up on this razor.

Riding the cap or guard is the same principle, whether SE or DE. Be sure you’re remembering to use little to no pressure. Because razors like this are on the mild side of shaves, there is a temptation to push the razor into your skin to try an get “closer”.

Not mild. Definitely not mild. Smooth and efficient, but definitely not mild. If I had to rate it, I would call it "mid-aggressivie", but I personally don't believe those types of ratings are factual or objective.

So the SE1 went for my Tech Summit conference by Disney World. it's injector like easy at 6am, which I appreciated based off how late we wound up staying out after I said I was going to bed to everyone. Loving it more with each use

Top Bottom