What's new

I had a funny thought today...

B&B is a very interesting place where we see threads dedicated to how long people can stretch the life of a 10 cent blade alongside those trying to see how quick they can burn through a $50 jar of MdC. This stuck me as an amusing testament to the fact that there's something different for everyone that makes this place fun! Just a random thought :idea: but it gave me a giggle.

Enjoy your shaves!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Excellent thought MAnTM. I agree. It's the extreme diversity of members here that makes it so interesting and worthwhile.

B&B is a very interesting place where we see threads dedicated to how long people can stretch the life of a 10 cent blade alongside those trying to see how quick they can burn through a $50 jar of MdC. This stuck me as an amusing testament to the fact that there's something different for everyone that makes this place fun! Just a random thought :idea: but it gave me a giggle.

Enjoy your shaves!

And sometimes you may have guys trying to achieve both of these at the same time. How about that for an oxymoron! Hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This stuck me as an amusing testament to the fact that there's something different for everyone that makes this place fun! Just a random thought :idea: but it gave me a giggle.

Enjoy your shaves!

And, how many times can we be perfectly serious about the motivation of it all? It is a giggles worth of moments. And whilst doing so remembering everybody is another poor sod like me - compassion side by side with good humor.

I had a similar chuckle at the bicycle shop last weekend. A riding buddy of mine dropped a couple of grand on a pair of carbon fiber wheels and another $120 on a pair of tires and he was complaining about the cost of CO2 cartridges for his tire inflator (about $3.50 each).

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Agree and can explain.

$20 for a pack of carts outrages and offends me ... almost $1/day to shave! Poor value.

Spending hundreds on soaps and razors to shave, well, for a hundred years ... incalculable, but a better value. Probably. Let you know after I'm dead what it cost.

Seriously, it's cost vs. value.

AA

It's the extreme diversity of members here that makes it so interesting and worthwhile.

There's such a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. I like to browse the Everything Else forums. Always something interesting.

Agree and can explain.

$20 for a pack of carts outrages and offends me ... almost $1/day to shave! Poor value.

Spending hundreds on soaps and razors to shave, well, for a hundred years ... incalculable, but a better value. Probably. Let you know after I'm dead what it cost.

Seriously, it's cost vs. value.

AA

Cost vs value. Exactly! Well said.

Top Bottom