What's new

I had a dream

That I trimmed off hair from my tweezerman and the short hair scratched me when I tried to lather. I also have a 4 day growth (eh I'm off for 42 more days :thumbup:) I think it's a sign to get a new brush.. AD fed via a dream :lol:

Any suggestion so I wouldn't have that dream again? :scared:

Maybe get a nice silvertip after Basic Training?
Getting a Boar knot and shove it in my extra handle?
Grow a beard for the next 6 weeks?

And so I don't feel like a psychopath(?) does anyone else have shaving related dreams that encourages the purchase of new products?

I definitely vote you get a new brush! As it is I have an Art of Shaving pure badger that's a 21mm and I still want a new brush. I dream of Silvertip Rooney's.

Also, the knot sounds very enticing.. The latter is just far too uncomfortable :lol:

I bought a shave stand at an antique store and it came with a brush, the bristle were no good but it has a solid handle to it.. Someone recommended putting a boar knot in it. I kind of threw out that suggestion but this looks like it would be awesome in my handle.. That way it gives me something to play with during my last month as a civilian.

A good boar will age with your career. Something like the Semogue 830. I guarantee you won't dream of trimming the ends off of that one.

Go with the new brush, that sounds like the best plan. Although, as always, be aware of the the AD's or else you may end up needing to get a walk-in bathroom cabinet.

On the dream theme, I don't think I have had shaving dreams. However I did recently have a dream in which my dog was talking, then I woke up and saw my dog and wondered why it was being rude and not replying to my greeting. It took me a couple of minutes to get reacquainted with reality and the fact that dogs don't talk. Reality is boring.

Back to brushes. I was thinking of a new brush and have my eye on a nice Kent brush, possibly the BLK 8.

Oh, and enjoy your time off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom