What's new

I had a brush handle made to go with my SS Wolfman WHR7 handle.

The handle was crafted by John Leitch of Byron Shaving Company using my design. He handcrafts fine shaving accessories. It is constructed of thick wall stainless steel tube and a stainless steel plug brazed (welded?) to the bottom. John's brush handles are typically a brushed finish but this special order called for mirror. It's not perfect but close. I may work on getting it closer to the mirror finish of the Wolfman set before sending it to Otto for engraving.

I attempted to replicate the lines of the Wolfman WHR7 handle with my design for the brush handle. John did a great job and I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
Wolfman Set to be engraved.jpg
Wolfman set to be engraved 2.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The handle was crafted by John Leitch of Byron Shaving Company using my design. He handcrafts fine shaving accessories. It is constructed of thick wall stainless steel tube and a stainless steel plug brazed (welded?) to the bottom. John's brush handles are typically a brushed finish but this special order called for mirror. It's not perfect but close. I may work on getting it closer to the mirror finish of the Wolfman set before sending it to Otto for engraving.

I attempted to replicate the lines of the Wolfman WHR7 handle with my design for the brush handle. John did a great job and I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
View attachment 1288718View attachment 1288727
He really nailed that! Beautiful design on your part, my friend!

Here are a couple pics of the process from raw steel tube to polished. One will go to Otto. Probably the one in the pic above but haven't decided yet. First they are going to Darrin Hern at Hern Industries for a final polish if he thinks he can get rid of the fine scratches. They look great now but my OCD says not quite good enough next to James' set. John supplied Delrin plugs so I can adjust the loft if needed.
SS tube for Burton brush handle.jpeg

The left side of the tube is what it looked like before the first turning on the lathe.
Burton brush handles with bottom cap.jpeg

End caps affixed and all turned again.
Handles prior to polishing.jpeg

Grooves cut. One handle is a bit off from my dimensions but still looks good.
handles after polish.jpeg

Prior to last round of polishing.
handles ready for engraving.jpg

I will have a spare brush handle matching the Wolfman WHR7 after all is said and done. Perhaps someone here will wind up with it to go with their set.

Last edited:
Top Bottom