What's new

I guess you can't pick your neighbors

I drove past this sign the other day and had to turn around and take a picture. In one small strip shopping center is an Edward Jones office where you can buy stocks and bonds. Next door is a place where you can play the slot machines. Is there any difference between the two???? :biggrin1:

IMG_7149.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Slots are pure chance. EJ is a crutch, and a lousy one.

Learn to play poker, and learn to read documents and charts. The folks that do can make some money. Trust me.

Slots are pure chance. EJ is a crutch, and a lousy one.

Learn to play poker, and learn to read documents and charts. The folks that do can make some money. Trust me.
Slots are not pure chance any more; their circuitry now allows them to tempt with piddly pay-offs, close-but-no-cigar results, anything to keep you sitting in front of the machine.

The property owner has his bases covered. Kinda like having a pawn shop, liquor store, tobacco shop, and a dispensary all in the same shopping center. Maybe throw in an adult store too.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Fair point. What I should have said is that there is no skill involved with slots (beyond what it takes to walk past them).
I'm hopeless then.

I've got a limp. I usually end up falling on my face right in front of one!

Seriously: I avoid everything but Seven card low hole.

As my good friend Robt. Anson Heinlein once said, or was it Lazarus Long? : There are more optimists than mathematicians playing poker....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We recently had a canabiss company put up a building on the road where I work. I am assuming that it is a grow operation. It is right next to the Frito Lay distribution center.
Our little town is going for the tax dollars a reefer company is going to bring. We laughed about it at Bible study tonight in church.

I'm trying to think of a way to tie it in with our upcoming Vacation Bible School.... I might be the only one trying to find some humor in the situation!

Edit: well, I wasn't the only one laughing! There's a few other weirdos in my church...

Top Bottom