What's new

I guess they wonder why I smile, shake my head and walk away.

I cry when I look at our petrol prices though :sad:

I'd gladly be forced to modern Gillette junk if we could have the American petrol prices with it! :biggrin:

I cry when I look at our petrol prices though :sad:

I'd gladly be forced to modern Gillette junk if we could have the American petrol prices with it! :biggrin:

No worries, I have found a solution.

$monkey_on_bicycle_vintage_1216757373.jpg

Why do you care what others pay for their shaving goods? I haven't watched cartridge prices in years.

You don't need to convince yourself that you made the right choice in switching to a DE, do you?

Don't care, just mildly amazed at the marketing than conned so many people over the years that those disposables and multi-blade cartridges were better.

I knew DE shaving was better after that first pass with the razor on my first DE shave :wink2:

Last edited:
I don't get the value for money thing. I'm always eyeing up new kit, so I think DE shaving will cost me at least as much. But putting that to one side, I think the DE effect is making me want to have a better shave. It's more of a challenge. I don't think men really want an easy life. We like to test ourselves. I thought I had my first BBS shave yesterday, but after the alum, I could still pick out a few spots for touching up. A Fusion shave was always bleary eyed and a chore.

Yes, you probably will save money, just not yet.

I haven't bought those "overpriced" cartridges for something like 20 years now, and always used soap, or cream from a tube.

I have no idea about today's cartridge and canned gel prices in Europe, but I bet that I spent less on shaving goods over the years.

I never "progressed" past a 3 bladed cartridge and used disposables for the past 10 or so years prior to DE so i really had no idea about the costs. The wife needed to go to Walgreens the other day, so I went in with her and wandered around. I've been truly thinking that the 5 bladed cartridges were a joke, but saw them there. I was stunned and amazed at the pricing of all of the new cartridges. I never paid more than a few bucks for the pack of 12 disposables I stretched into lasting over a year.

Now, 8 months into DE shaving, I think I can say I will be saving money, compared to cartridges, since I seemingly purchased all the soaps, razors and blades available worldwide. But, the quality of my shaves and the impact on my skin is priceless!

Top Bottom