What's new

I guess it was only natural.

...that I expanded into this part of the realm.

I've always wanted a FP so when I saw this cool looking thing on the BST, I had to snatch it up.

It's nothing special but I loved how it looked.

Here it is, assembled from a kit:
A Navigator in rosewood and black titanium from Woodcraft

$Fyldepen.png

Now I have to learn how to write, properly.

It's no use having a nice fountain pen if your penmanship looks like mine, awful to say the least.

It would be like having a fancy race car and only knowing how to ride a bicycle ;-)

Palmer tutorials, here I come!

Cheers!

Right now it's the regular black Pelican.

I bought some cartridges of them a few days ago because I simply couldn't wait for my "real" ink to arrive.

The ink actually actually arrived today, black Parker Quink, so I'm contemplating whether or not I want to use up all of the cartridges first or simply go to town on my new ink. I'm leaning towards the latter ;-)

I also just bought a trio of Sailor Jentle inks from the BST, black, blue and blue-black, so I'm looking forward to trying them out as well.

I'm completely new at this so I have no idea what I'm doing.

Just taking it a step at a time ;-)

Nice looking pen; what is the section made of?

I have the absolute worst handwriting in the world, bar none. But using a FP helps, a little, as ease of writing = less hand stress = slightly better handwriting.

Nice looking pen; what is the section made of?

I have the absolute worst handwriting in the world, bar none. But using a FP helps, a little, as ease of writing = less hand stress = slightly better handwriting.
Section?

Me no compute... what the section is... noob here talkin' ;-)

Apart from rosewood and titanium I have no idea what the rest of it is made of :)

the metal between the nib and the pen body that you grasp in your fingers when writing, also called a grip, or grip section

That's true, we all have to start somewhere.

I just wish I didn't have to start from a pre-school level of barely legible scratches ;-)

You're fine starting from where you are. In fact, we all have to start from where we are. On the bright side, you probably have a lot less to un-learn than some others.

Congrats on taking the plunge down a slippery slope :) Don't worry so much about your starting point, just focus on your goal and work towards it. Practice really is the key, go and buy a journal and start writing. Then in a year, look back at your first page and you'll be astonished. Also, videos and finding something like the Palmer method online will help with exercises that will help. Good luck and make sure to post lots of pics.....we like pics, lol

I've already worked through one journal, am halfway through the next one and I can already see the difference between the first written page and the last one

But, you ain't gonna see pics from me, yet :blushing:

Soon, but not yet :tongue_sm

They look really interesting.

It's also pretty fun to see the minor differences between what you're taught in the US and the style I've tried to learn in DK

Here's an example.
$DK writing.jpg

They look really interesting.

It's also pretty fun to see the minor differences between what you're taught in the US and the style I've tried to learn in DK

Here's an example.
View attachment 488008
Would you be able to provide any samples of words written in this style? Seeing as I am interested in learning to write cursive, unfortunately it was teaching computers instead of cursive at my school, and I have as of late had a slight obsession with Denmark lately(I have it in my head that I want to move there[No I have never visited, its a long story lol]), I think it would be neat to learn a style that isn't inherently "american".

Also beautiful pen you have there.

Has anyone actually used the Start Write software? I ask because Bob's link has it on the site. I was kind of looking for more of a physical copy of something...such as a book.

Oh Lord...

It ain't gonna be from my hand, so here are some examples in Danish I found on the 'net ;-)

Pic 1
$2479791-skrift.jpg

Pic 2
$p1050408.jpg

Pic 3
$onsdag2_thumb%u00255B2%5D.jpg

Not really, no.

Not with any certainty at least

I've seen it, somewhere, being referred to as the British style of cursive but I really can't remember where

Apart from the scandinavian beauties, of course, and the hot dogs, could you give me a little hint as to what other reasons you would have to move to DK without even having visited first?

Top Bottom