What's new

I got Stung

So today I have been told by the mods at SRP that I can tell the story without names.
Kinda like swimming with an umbrella IMHO.

I contacted the CEO of ebay today and forwarded copies of the proof of shipping and tracking timeline.
I also forwarded them to ebay non-customer service again.

I also re sent them to this person who has ripped me off.
We'll see what happens now.

I really don't think people like this care anymore like they did 3-4 decades ago where a persons honor and good name meant something. It is rather sad of course!

Yes Sir, you are correct. At least once a day now I say to myself that I no longer belong in this world. I long for the bygone days when a handshake meant something.

Yes Sir, you are correct. At least once a day now I say to myself that I no longer belong in this world. I long for the bygone days when a handshake meant something.

My first house I built was a handshake from the builder that owned the land and built the house and I shook hands with him promising to buy the house we talked about building. I never gave him faith money nor did he want me to obtain a construction loan! We shook hands and committed to the transaction. I could legally have said I do not want the house and there is nothing he could have done since there was no binding contract.

Why life is not this way still is beyond me and the reason why we have so many lawyers to muck things up unfortunately. People just have no respect for themselves nor anyone else in life so the resultant is what we have in todays society!

I am like you................wishing we could go back in time and re-live the days of old where there was decency and honor.

So today I have been told by the mods at SRP that I can tell the story without names.
Kinda like swimming with an umbrella IMHO.

I am a member there too but seems fruitless if the name of the guy cannot be mentioned so others can be weary of them! It is like trying to remain dry while peeing in the face of a hurricane LOL!

I hope you get refunded the money to your account for sure. I do not understand EBay's stance when the delivery can be verified! Maybe I am missing something here. They should at least refund you and then pursue him to refund them. If he does not..........cancel his ebay account as well as PayPal account! That would definitely be like a thorn in his side until he figures a way around the wall!

My first house I built was a handshake from the builder that owned the land and built the house and I shook hands with him promising to buy the house we talked about building. I never gave him faith money nor did he want me to obtain a construction loan! We shook hands and committed to the transaction. I could legally have said I do not want the house and there is nothing he could have done since there was no binding contract.

Why life is not this way still is beyond me and the reason why we have so many lawyers to muck things up unfortunately. People just have no respect for themselves nor anyone else in life so the resultant is what we have in todays society!

I am like you................wishing we could go back in time and re-live the days of old where there was decency and honor.

Hearing that there are still a few of us around cheers my heart! Thank you.

Hearing that there are still a few of us around cheers my heart! Thank you.

There are! It is just the ones that like this person has mentioned who fails to do the right thing that makes life for the truly good people miserable! I guess however that is the total decay of society with no turning back and only to get worse. Most everyone looking out for themselves rather than helping a neighbor or just being honest and true.

I feel for you. This is why I refuse to sell stuff online or even online buy and sell (kijiji). I just don't like dealing with the hassles.I would rather give stuff away than deal with all the tire kickers and chislers. However I love ordering stuff online and have great experiences buying from reputable sellers. So my hat is off to them. I hope you get your money back on the sheer principle of it.if not then life has a way of working things out.

Update:
I contacted the ebay CEO twice, ebay press office and 'customer service' several times as well as the wall street journal (just to see what would happen).
I received a call from the press office last week saying I would get a refund to my account.
No apology.

Now this morning I have received an ecard from st jude's research hospital in Memphis saying a donation in lieu of a refund has been made in my name. I didn't know this was an option.
I have kids so I thought that's cool.

Here's the kicker, web master @ srp was included as a cc on the email!
I obviously touched a nerve naming the guy on their website.
I've emailed un-laced to see why he has reacted like this and why it has taken so long for him to do the right thing.

It hasn't tarnished my views on all Canadians though.

This forum is full of great people and one would think that you could extrapolate this apply to just about everyone in this niche community, but unfortunately there are a lot of nasty people in this world. I've read that Ebay always sides with the buyer and this story clearly supports that. I suppose the best thing that we can do is vote with our wallet. I don't think that I will ever be using that site to sell anything after reading this.

I wouldn't bother with un-laced anymore. Best case scenario, he no empathy and he simply doesn't care. In actuality, he might be thriving out of knowing that he stole from you and that his actions have gotten under your skin. Hopefully, you can try to do future business with trusted users on this forum or maybe sell locally - anything to avoid giving Ebay your business again.

Sorry but it is stories like this as part of the reason I only sell within the US. Once something leaves one carrier and into another country things can always get murky. If this event were to have happened US to US, there can be police reports filed, mail fraud claims made, etc.

Glad to hear it resolved in your favor eventually.

Top Bottom