What's new

I got Stung

Afternoon Gents,

No, not by a bee.

I know we should all be careful on the interweb. Especially on that bay thingy. But I got STUNG.

I sold a razor in April on That unmentionable bay thing and it went for what would have been enough for me to buy a new soap.
However after two weeks the buyer based north of a certain border where the ground freezes in winter complained that they didn't get their item.
It was an Otto Busch razor with the original scales and no coffin.
As I was away in the sunshine with my family I didn't hear about this until my return to Ireland and saw the money had been refunded.

I in turn appealed the bays decision to have them say NO.
I kept an eye on the tracking number which I provided to the purchaser.
Lo and behold after a few weeks the razor was signed for by none other than the very person who said they never got it.

Now, this was about the time that the western provinces had an issue with fire and smoke and there was delays in the postal system.
I have emailed the person and sent reminders for them hoping that they will do the right thing and cough up for what they bought.

I wont name them for fear of embarrassing them if they are actually a razor user and a B&B member (if they are on here they will know who they are) as opposed to just being a downright scumbag. If you really must know who it is you can PM me and we can talk.

At the end of the day it wasn't the money but the attitude of the person that annoyed me. They not once acknowledged the emails sent.

Thanks for reading my tale of woe.
It simply feels nice to get it off my chest to people who may understand.

Happy shaving

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Leigh, sorry to hear and hoping you get the bay/PP to fix it.

If not, I'd think you were within rights to name said thief, for that's what they are.

"Soft theft" is what it's called when someone lies in order to get away with something like this. Just too many liars and thieves out there going unchallenged.

AA

I haven't had any bad bay experiences for some years, but about 10 years ago had a brouhaha with a fellow about an item i was selling.

Leigh, sorry to hear and hoping you get the bay/PP to fix it.

If not, I'd think you were within rights to name said thief, for that's what they are.

"Soft theft" is what it's called when someone lies in order to get away with something like this. Just too many liars and thieves out there going unchallenged.

AA

We have 'soft thieves" in our store on a constant basis. Had to head one off again today who was wanting an additional discount for something they bought over 2 weeks ago and claimed that a part was missing. When challenged, she changed her mind and left.

I had provided the tracking number with An Post the Irish service and appealed but to no avail. The system is set up to protect the buyers.
What is the opposite to caveat emptor?

The number one reason why I will never sell anything there. I will buy from there, only from sellers with exceptional ratings, but I will not sell anything there. It seems there is no way to vet buyers and as you have seen it's risky.

The number one reason why I will never sell anything there. I will buy from there, only from sellers with exceptional ratings, but I will not sell anything there. It seems there is no way to vet buyers and as you have seen it's risky.

Guys i understand why you wont sell up this way but we are all not like that nor are you....i have been stung by a couple US seller/buyers....its about trust, verification and reputation (ebay and else where). Saddly there are thieves everywhere.......

Leigh, brother from the south, im sorry to hear that someone from my country has decided to be unlawful and dishonest....we are all not like that.

I'd be going through Bay / Paypal again and advising them that the parcel has now been delivered to make sure you get your money back.

I am in Dublin yes but I sold to the great white north.

I tried PayPal and the bay but both said they have made their decision and that is final.
It seems I'm out of a razor and out of pocket.

I just wanted everybody here to be aware.

hmm, as a purely punitive measure i would make a post somewhere (not necessary B&B as the rules likely forbid it) with the username of the guy who burned you and an accusation (eg: XXX is a fraud) so that anyone doing a google search on their username will be warned off them and hopefully harm any future business he has..
it's awful you got burned man, however in my experience people who do that tend to cross people in the real world, or have people take grudges into the real world, either way they get their just deserts one way or another.

I'd be going through Bay / Paypal again and advising them that the parcel has now been delivered to make sure you get your money back.

I've tried a couple of times, they come back and say our decision is final.
Essentially I think they can't be bothered.

I've posted in another razor forum i had joined years ago before I saw the B&B light and blatantly said this person is a fraud.

I would be nearly as angry with ebay as I would be with the thief! I wonder if they realize how damaging this is to their reputation.

Man, that blows like a whale! I cannot seem to figure if you have the postal service proof that it was delivered and signed for by the buyer why now they will not refund your money then go after them then for their loss???? Guess the PP is as mighty as governments and can do what they wish!

I would be nearly as angry with ebay as I would be with the thief! I wonder if they realize how damaging this is to their reputation.

I really don't think people like this care anymore like they did 3-4 decades ago where a persons honor and good name meant something. It is rather sad of course!

Top Bottom