What's new

I got my first flat cap. How did I do?

You guys are terrible! Yall made me order a second today. It's another Mucros, but in a more neutral dark grey.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And that, my friend, is what I'm afraid of. Wool will be too hot for summer, so what's a guy to do?
Don't be too proud to shop estate sales or tag sales or garage sales either. I've gotten some fine headgear that way.

And if you are worried about somebody else's bugs, lay it in the sun outside or spray it with Lysol or some such. But USUALLY any critters have long since left the hat before you end up with it.

Sir, I'm a huge fan of flat caps and yours looks gorgeous! My favourite version is the Baker Boy, especially those made by Failsworth Harris Tweed (established in 1903).

I have a Failsworth Millinery Carloway Harris Tweed Baker Boy Cap in Navy arriving today. Hope it fits.

Having known nothing about the brand, searhing here now, I'm happy it has a few fans.

1708718918925.png

It's very high quality. Please, do let me know your thoughts.
Definitely a quality cap but didn't work out. A bit tight and the color was not to my liking. I may try the grey in a size up.

With that said, it's very similar style and shape as my Brixton Brood. The Brixton isn't as prestigious with being made in China and limited wool in the fabric. But I see no flaws with it, the stitching is perfect and it fits me like a glove.

I may have to hit up our local cap store "The Haberdashery". I still haven't been there even though I always say I am going to go. :blush:

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Definitely a quality cap but didn't work out. A bit tight and the color was not to my liking. I may try the grey in a size up.

With that said, it's very similar style and shape as my Brixton Brood. The Brixton isn't as prestigious with being made in China and limited wool in the fabric. But I see no flaws with it, the stitching is perfect and it fits me like a glove.

I may have to hit up our local cap store "The Haberdashery". I still haven't been there even though I always say I am going to go. :blush:

I'm sorry to hear, my friend. Anyway, another UK brand I wholeheartedly recommend is Borges & Scott. I have their "Dingwall" in two different colours and they are fantastic!

Top Bottom