What's new

I got an old hanging strop and a straight razor from Dick peck.

The package @Dick peck sent me arrived home today.

My first stropping on the strop left a few shallow scratches on the surface. I was glad that my first stropping wasn't on an expensive new strop. After watching a few videos about stropping, I learned how not to leave scratches on it. The razor looks handsome to me.

I'll supplement my shaving setup with a balsa strop, diamond paste, and lapping films.

IMG_20190109_195914.jpg
IMG_20190109_195937.jpg

The ring is rusty, but it doesn't leave rust residues on my fingers.

IMG_20190109_200002.jpg
IMG_20190109_200105.jpg
IMG_20190109_200143.jpg
IMG_20190109_200213.jpg

Very cool.
Those old shell strops scratch really easily.
I've used one daily for a year now, and the surface always gets scratched up.

Good start, have fun with it, but also, kudos to @Dick peck (I just happened to receive my first straight from him too, saw him helped others several times too and just the other day giving another member a very expensive soap he had no use for).

Way to go. :thumbup1: :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Good start, have fun with it, but also, kudos to @Dick peck (I just happened to receive my first straight from him too, saw him helped others several times too and just the other day giving another member a very expensive soap he had no use for).

Way to go. :thumbup1: :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Hmm, I got my second on loan from him. But the first was out being serviced at the time, by @Luecke2326 . SO his was the first I had used.

So he must be single-handedly raising the bids on . . . ;)

Way to help out a lot of people starting this type of shaving both @Dick peck and @Luecke2326, and others for advise and knowledge!

Top Bottom