What's new

I got a Tech!

If for some reason I could only have a pre-war Tech for the rest of my life, I would be OK with that.
INCREDIBLE! :w00t:

I'm now thinking that I NEED to try out a Tech. :facep:
This is probably a tricky question... but how would you compare an Old Type shave to a Tech shave Toby? :001_rolle

INCREDIBLE! :w00t:

I'm now thinking that I NEED to try out a Tech. :facep:
This is probably a tricky question... but how would you compare an Old Type shave to a Tech shave Toby? :001_rolle

I've been thinking about that, and I can't really get my head wrapped around it. Very similar, but different. Bear in mind that the only one I have really spent any time with is a Canadian Triangle slot, and some say it is the most aggressive of the Techs. I'm gonna have to spend some time with the other two, and then do a back to back with an OLD. This has been a very unexpected experience!

I've been thinking about that, and I can't really get my head wrapped around it. Very similar, but different. Bear in mind that the only one I have really spent any time with is a Canadian Triangle slot, and some say it is the most aggressive of the Techs. I'm gonna have to spend some time with the other two, and then do a back to back with an OLD. This has been a very unexpected experience!
Thanks for that Toby. I'm looking forward to your report... whenever. :001_smile

Notice my sig line!
:001_rolle I'll assume that ! is a ?.
Indeed I did notice, and so very true. (It's a pity that so many folk think it's all about the destination.:blink:)

some say it is the most aggressive of the Techs.
I don't agree with that... I think it boils down to tolerance issues. The first US triangle Tech I bought was the same as the Canadian triangle slot Tech I had. They both shaved the same and the measurements were the same.

I had another US triangle slot Tech and the blade gap was less by about .006". It had less blade feel but was still efficient. I have other US triangle slot Techs that fall in between those two.

I only had one Canadian triangle slot Tech, so I don't know what tolerance issues they had over there.

- Techs according to Rabidus [emoji3]

Last edited:
I don't agree with that... I think it boils down to tolerance issues. The first US triangle Tech I bought was the same as the Canadian triangle slot Tech I had. They both shaved the same and the measurements were the same.

I had another US triangle slot Tech and the blade gap was less by about .006". It had less blade feel but was still efficient. I have other US triangle slot Techs that fall in between those two.

I only had one Canadian triangle slot Tech, so I don't know what tolerance issues they had over there.

- Techs according to Rabidus [emoji3]

My other two are US made, I will judge them by their performance, not their origin. And I always take others opinion with a grain of salt, some may say the Canadian Tech is more aggressive, but some also say the OLD is an untamable beast. I always let the razor show me what it is. :thumbup1:

I haven't forgotten that some are waiting for results. I am currently using the third Tech, and then back to the Canadian one. Blades last forever in these things! I will report back with my US versus Canada findings soon, and then Thick OLD versus Triangle Tech a little later.

Glad to hear that you've seen the way of the Tech! :thumbup1: Can't wait to hear your findings.

It took me a while to warm up to the Tech, I thought they were too mild, and always seemed to pass them over for other razors. Then one day I found a Prewar Fat handle, loaded up a new GSB, and was blown away how well it worked. I revisited my others, and they all worked. Now I don't know why I ever thought they were too mild. Two passes and very little cleanup gets me done.

Glad to hear that you've seen the way of the Tech! :thumbup1: Can't wait to hear your findings.

It took me a while to warm up to the Tech, I thought they were too mild, and always seemed to pass them over for other razors. Then one day I found a Prewar Fat handle, loaded up a new GSB, and was blown away how well it worked. I revisited my others, and they all worked. Now I don't know why I ever thought they were too mild. Two passes and very little cleanup gets me done.

Me too!

I used to think of Techs as being Gillette's first disposables, but the pre-war has turned me around. I can't wait to do a Tech-OLD faceoff!

Me too!

I used to think of Techs as being Gillette's first disposables, but the pre-war has turned me around. I can't wait to do a Tech-OLD faceoff!

Is it sacrilege to put a ball end OT handle on a tech head? I like the tech head but not a fan of the handle...pre or post war :(

Is it sacrilege to put a ball end OT handle on a tech head? I like the tech head but not a fan of the handle...pre or post war :(

Of course not! My first pre-war was just a head, so I used it with a ball-end handle, looked and felt right at home. :thumbsup:

100_1963.JPG
100_1964.JPG
100_1968.JPG

Top Bottom