What's new

I got a scuttle!

That’s surprising to hear that your struggled with a RR Croap. Although they’re scents don’t really do it for me, I’ve always had an easy time getting them to lather.

Although I am strictly a face latherer.....nothing like a wire bristle face brush for some texture.

Hi,

Yeah, never been an issue with RazoRock soaps face lathering. Always a good easy use to soap. The inside of the bowl has some ribs and bumps for texture. I'm pretty sure the problem is with me and not the soap.

Perhaps I need to load more soap to use the bowl.

F4961127-4EFF-4787-9720-5D5D12516391.jpeg
Hi,

After years of face lathering, I finally decided I wanted to get a scuttle to lather in. I wanted to try something different. So bopping around the General forum here I decided I wanted a double walled scuttle for that cozy warm lather. Being kind of cheap, (OK maybe more than kind of), I ordered a QShave black scuttle. Not as pretty as the fancy handcrafted scuttles, still decent.

What a revelation in how my lather feels! This is the bomb for winter shaving for sure. No more cold lather for me guys!

QShave scuttle, QShave Futur clone razor, (seemed fitting), reknotted Ever Ready 300
New scuttle
Scuttles are great although iv been face lathering with cold water recently because its been so hot.

I bought myself a Yoren scuttle from Israel and its perfect for whipping up a nice creamy lather and keeps it piping hot for the shave :001_tongu

I couldnt recommend it more it terms of functionality but its also a beautiful piece of art

I am searching for it and I can find YORESH POTTERY but I cannot see a scuttle listed... also not on Etsy. I have sent her a Facebook message. Any other ideas on how to contact? Thanks.

I am searching for it and I can find YORESH POTTERY but I cannot see a scuttle listed... also not on Etsy. I have sent her a Facebook message. Any other ideas on how to contact? Thanks.
oh yes theyre very popular, i had to wait a few months before she made another batch, yes i contacted her via etsy and shes very friendly, she even gave me the brown brush mug for free and writ a nice letter

View attachment 945767
Scuttles are great although iv been face lathering with cold water recently because its been so hot.

I bought myself a Yoren scuttle from Israel and its perfect for whipping up a nice creamy lather and keeps it piping hot for the shave :001_tongu
Hey on a side note, can you settle a nagging question for me? are those Feather Hi-Stainless the same as the "New" Hi-Stainless, only in different packaging? I've been agonizing over buying a bulk box on Amazon and the only ones that I can really find are the black/red box.

Thanks!

Hey on a side note, can you settle a nagging question for me? are those Feather Hi-Stainless the same as the "New" Hi-Stainless, only in different packaging? I've been agonizing over buying a bulk box on Amazon and the only ones that I can really find are the black/red box.

Thanks!
yea i believe theyre exactly the same blades but they come in sets of 5 blades vs sets of 10 in the yellow boxes

Top Bottom