What's new

I found this recent poll sobering...

My favorite Pole

proxy.php

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Other people don’t bother me so much. Polling aside my biggest worry is the current Corona virus will mutate into something that has a 30-40% mortality rate. The original SARS has a mortality of around 10% and MERS is around 35% but they were not easily passed from person to person. I had a medical director that used to tell us that if either one of these Corona viruses mutated into something that was easily transmissible the world would be in trouble. Now we have one that is easily transmissible and has started to mutate at a faster rate (or maybe we’re just catching the mutations faster) but is much less lethal. The scary thing is that we won’t know it has mutated into a highly lethal version until 10’s of thousands of people start dying daily.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Other people don’t bother me so much. Polling aside my biggest worry is the current Corona virus will mutate into something that has a 30-40% mortality rate. The original SARS has a mortality of around 10% and MERS is around 35% but they were not easily passed from person to person. I had a medical director that used to tell us that if either one of these Corona viruses mutated into something that was easily transmissible the world would be in trouble. Now we have one that is easily transmissible and has started to mutate at a faster rate (or maybe we’re just catching the mutations faster) but is much less lethal. The scary thing is that we won’t know it has mutated into a highly lethal version until 10’s of thousands of people start dying daily.

Captain Trips man.....Stephen King saw it coming back in 1978......

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Four out of five dentist‘s surveyed prescribed Trident to their patients who chew gum. So, there’s that......

Considering the divisive and hate-filled reporting being burped up by the "news" media, I'm not surprised to see these results.

Last edited:
I have lived through the Cold War and the McCarthy Inquisitions of the 50s, the Bay oif Pigs and the Assignation of John Kenedy and Robert Kennedy, the Civil Rights movement of the 60s and the assassination of Martin Luther King, the Vietnam protests of late 60s early 70s, Watergate and the Nixon resignation, the Fall of the Berlin Wall, the fall of the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001, the Iraq War and the death of Saddam Husein, the Afghanistan War and the death of Osama Bin Laden, the Roe vs Wade decision, the LGBTQ movement and gay marriage, the decline of the nuclear family, the inauguration of Barack Obama as 44th president, the inaugaration of Donald Trump as 45th president, and now the inauguration of Joseph Biden as 46th president. Over all these years, I have come to conclude that as long as there are people in the world who are eager for power, wealth and fame, we will always have more than enough threats from both within and without. Like ancient Rome, we are paving a broad highway leading to your own destruction. Like Rome, the fall will result from a combination of forces from both within and without.

Top Bottom