What's new

I found the cause of irritation. Schick were right. Single Edge is superior.

I finally understood why i had irritation. Thin blades. Thin blades tend to flex when they cutting hair. This flexing action causes irritation. SE blades better. Mainly because they thick and and secondly because they hold firmly in place. Systems like Schick injector, GEM, Feather Artist Club superior to Double Edge. Because blade they have no flex. Cartridge razors caused me irritation because they had a thin blades held not firmly. DE razors caused me irritation because they had thin blade. Held relatively firm but still it's a thin blade. Today i've tried Schick injector system. What a pleasure to my skin. No harsh feeling finally. I tried Gem Micromatic OC before that. It also had this no harsh post shave feeling. But GEM caused me some irritation because how aggressive it is and how hard is to find right angle. Injector whole different story. Immediately found the angle, very efficient immediately, very easy to keep light touch because handle is plastic and it gives more weight towards brass head, very thin head helps to shave under the nose very easily. I have a proof why thin blades is bad. Look at this Schick 70's commertial and your life would never be the same. It's eye opener. They were right.

I learned to shave with a Schick Injector. I have shaved with Schick Injectors, Gillette, Schick, and modern double edged razors, GEM razors, Gillette, Schick, and Harry's cartridge razors. I do not believe that the type of razor causes irritation, rather it is the prep, quality of lather and the technique which is responsible for 95% of "razor burn". The other 5% is the blade. There are some blades which give me superlative, smooth and comfortable shaves; Polsilver SI, Gillette Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, Astra SP, Personna Israeli Reds, GEM coated, and Schick Injector blades, just to name a few. Other blades, Merkur, Bolzano, Derby Extra, Crystal, Feather, Lord, and Baili, not so much.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

The Schick injector is my favorite razor platform. I also have been using them all my life. I have yet to find a Schick of any type that didn't shave well. Keep us posted!
PSX_20200820_080551.jpg

Schick is better than DE, as a general rule. The E-2 and G shave best IMHO. The chrome head Schicks, L and after, do not shave as well

I totally agree with thin blades causing irritation, that's also why I'm not big on full hollow ground SRs, heavier grinds are just easier on my face.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I do not believe that the type of razor causes irritation

I‘ve given myself razor burn with DE razors, AC single edges, GEM single edges, and a straight razor.

If I stay away from injectors - or learn to shave like an alert adult - they won’t give me irritation.

Now off to look at E and G types on an auction site. I’m not going to buy them. I’m just thinking about it.

I‘ve given myself razor burn with DE razors, AC single edges, GEM single edges, and a straight razor.

If I stay away from injectors - or learn to shave like an alert adult - they won’t give me irritation.

Now off to look at E and G types on an auction site. I’m not going to buy them. I’m just thinking about it.
I learned to shave with an L type. Own one plus two I types, one of which was my Father's. I have a soft spot for Schick Injectors but I do not believe they are the magic bullet the OP makes them out to be.

Happy Hunting!

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Top Bottom