What's new

I found out a fun way to blow up my vintage Gillette

It was rather dirty (calcium/soap residue) so I decided to put a pan on the stove with some boiling water and put it in. I proceded to do some work and of course I forgot all about it :mad: The pan cooked dry and now there's some nice black charring on my razor. I'm already cleaning it, but is there something else I should be doing as well to save my razor? Any experiences anyone dares to admit? :001_tt2:

Thanks!

Yep---been there! Years ago I built a sailboat in my basement. One day I came home from classes at our local community college when no one else in the family was home (they were on vacation) and put some water on to boil for soup and went downstairs to putz on the boat while it came to a boil. Well, you guessed it---I got completely involved in boatbuilding and forgot about the pot on the stove-----until I smelled this very HOT METAL smell!! I really had me scared as I ran up the stairs, still not thinking what it could be. Then I saw the stove & pot, grabbed it (it had boiled DRY and TOTALLY MELTED the bottom of the pot) and tossed it out the front door! There was literally melted aluminum dripping from the pot. No permanent harm done, other than to my pride and the pot!!

recived a new injector today, picked up a shallow tupperware, filled it with disinfectant, put the injector in, closed the tupper, went for a walk, there you go, all disinfected,

Don't boil razors. It really doesn't do anything good. There are other ways to disinfect.

It has really helped dissolve crud in my adjustable razors. I don't think every razor should be boiled, but sometimes it is the answer for me anyway.

recived a new injector today, picked up a shallow tupperware, filled it with disinfectant, put the injector in, closed the tupper, went for a walk, there you go, all disinfected,

Interesting. I never realized the disinfecting properties of perambulation :smile:

Cheers

Jeremy

Yep---been there! Years ago I built a sailboat in my basement. One day I came home from classes at our local community college when no one else in the family was home (they were on vacation) and put some water on to boil for soup and went downstairs to putz on the boat while it came to a boil. Well, you guessed it---I got completely involved in boatbuilding and forgot about the pot on the stove-----until I smelled this very HOT METAL smell!! I really had me scared as I ran up the stairs, still not thinking what it could be. Then I saw the stove & pot, grabbed it (it had boiled DRY and TOTALLY MELTED the bottom of the pot) and tossed it out the front door! There was literally melted aluminum dripping from the pot. No permanent harm done, other than to my pride and the pot!!

So how did the sailboat work out? Type of construction, details, materials -did you launch her? photos? Damm!- its been a long winter:biggrin:

Top Bottom