What's new

I found my perfect pre-shave and wasn't looking.

I haven't posted anything for many months. Mostly because I've been on a personnal shaving journey of working on technique,
soap choices and things. I may get get back later on that, but this was to good to keep in.

I'm not a pre-shave fan, but I like my Proraso Green in the summer. The other morning I saw the the "Cream Shave" on the shelf in the den and had
a light bulb went off. I used it as a pre-shave.

It's perfect. No heavy scent, no clogging, easy rinsing, adds slickness and increasses the thickness of the lather on the three
soaps I've face lathered with it so far.

Also it's a great stand alone "brushless" cream. Though it face lathers nicely.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

I'm from Oklahoma. I can't, with a conscience, use anything that could have "Husker" in the name. 😜

I should also point out that it occured to me while staying at a friends. I keep Lucky Tiger in the kitt
for quick travel shaves.

Multi-function and redundancy.

Peace and Happy Hollidays!

Last edited:
I have used Trader Joe’s Honey Mango for years as a pre shave, then MDC. A tube last about a year.

My bride brought home a 3, 6 oz pack of Cremo, Coconut Mango from Costco, about $8 for the 3.

Very slick, lathers well and smells great. Great pre-shave.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have used Trader Joe’s Honey Mango for years as a pre shave, then MDC. A tube last about a year.

My bride brought home a 3, 6 oz pack of Cremo, Coconut Mango from Costco, about $8 for the 3.

Very slick, lathers well and smells great. Great pre-shave.

Have been using Cremo as a pre-shave for a while now. It works well in that capacity.

I've moved away from using separate pre-shave products but might give them another go. One thing that always works very well for me is rubbing some of the initial lather into my stubble after loading the brush and leave that on for a couple of minutes before face lathering.

Top Bottom