What's new

I found my blade after a long search

I went through about 35 different blades and have come to the conclusion that for me, Rapira Super Stainless is the best. The second best are the Personna labs. I just ordered a 100 pack of the Rapiras :)

FYI I'm using a Merkur 37C and Phoenix bakelight slant with Cremo original, alum, witch hazel and Nivea sensitive post shave balm.

I'm getting my equipment from these countries:
Russia
Germany
USA
France

Congrats, finding the perfect blade is part of the fun of DE shaving. I've settled on two, but would be happy using either through my very last shave.

I like Rapiras, but after trying 15-20 blades, I ultimately found that blades generally aren't that much different from each other. The majority of my last 300+ shaves have been with Astra SS blades, because they are cheap and always give a great shave. I'll change things up with a pack or two of something else, every now and then, but I'm not too picky any more.

I use the Rapira Supersteels on occasion.
They are decent blades, on the mild side.
That's interesting, I wouldn't consider them mild *to me*. They aren't Feather sharp but I find they are on par with Personna Labs but are much smoother.

All I know is I get the closest, bump free shaves I've ever gotten with the Rapira Super Stainless.

Congratulations! I'm in the middle of that search right now! So far, for me, I think the Voskhod feels a tad smoother - but I still have a lot of blades to go . . .

I went through about 35 different blades and have come to the conclusion that for me, Rapira Super Stainless is the best. The second best are the Personna labs. I just ordered a 100 pack of the Rapiras :)

FYI I'm using a Merkur 37C and Phoenix bakelight slant with Cremo original, alum, witch hazel and Nivea sensitive post shave balm.
Congratulations on your success. I am hoping to return to the 37C or certainly put that razor in use for a few months. Makes me wonder if the slant bar action makes a good team with this blade against others.
I like Rapiras, but after trying 15-20 blades, I ultimately found that blades generally aren't that much different from each other.
I find them just slightly below the Astra SP and Astra SS blades. For a good balance of sharpness and longevity they are a good blade. I ordered 400 of them 4 years ago at a price of £20 delivered.
I use the Rapira Supersteels on occasion.
They are decent blades, on the mild side.
Just below the Astra quality but not mild for me. Work in all my razors so a good all round blade.

Congrats. I do not know if I ever tried the Raspira or not. My blade is the Silver Blue but the 7 O'clock black is really about the same. Just tried the black recently. You can find several great blades of the many out there.

Top Bottom