What's new

I found an answer to my right neck

I've recently started choking up on the razor. Really choking up. I've also found this works great for Jay-strokes. Since I've choked up and shortened my pulls, the right side of my neck has been great!

Good for you. A perfect example of finding the right thing for your individual needs. Keep at it, you'll have your own technique soon. :001_tongu :wink2:

I always choke up on the razor...it gives me better fine control and a better consistancy to my angle. At least when I use a Futur, the way the handle is designed it has a perfect balance point somewhere just north of the midway point. The technique works really well for me with whatever razor, but the Futur kind of encourages it, and I learned the trick from it.

I find by choking up, at least on the right side of the neck, that I can control the angle much better. It seems a lot of us have trouble with the right side, and it seems to be, at least in part, due to the difficulty of keeping that angle. By choking up and using short strokes I find I can maintain the angle much better. I haven't had a nick or any irritation since I've started this. Quite excited!

I guess choking means to grip the razor near its head, rather than to grip it at the base of the handle.

Top Bottom